Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 98 AC compressor inop?

jpcarguy
08-07-2007, 11:45 AM
It's a Regency w/climate control. AC quit, so i checked R134a charge(converted). Charge is OK. but compressor won't kick on. Pulled some fuses to check them, now I have compounded the problem: Still no cold, but Climate Control Display blinks the outside temp for about 3 minutes after start up, and no AC symbol will show in any operation mode. First, any Ideas on how to stop the blinking, then, did i miss a fuse or relay somewhere? owners manual is no use.

dmanlyr
08-17-2007, 11:08 PM
The blinking is telling you that there is a fault detected in the climate control system. There are two different systems in use, and each have different procede on how to access the self diagnostics which will give you readout code (on the climate control readout panel)

Please let me know if you have the dual zone or not and I will pass along how to access the codes.

David

jpcarguy
08-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Dual Zone it is.
Thanks for the reply.

dmanlyr
08-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Dual Zone it is.
Thanks for the reply..

turn ign on, no need to start engine. Press the OFF and Warmer buttons (on the HVAC system) simultaneosly and you should get a code readout on the face of the HVAC display.

00 - no codes present
10 or 110 - Amibient temp sensor circuit open or shorted
13 or 113 - In-vehicle temp sender open or shorted
15 or 115 - Solar sensor circuit open or shorted
35 or 135 - E&C Data line failure
38 or 138 - Serial data line failure with PCM
40 or 140 - Air mix door open or shorted
48 or 148 - Long term Freon loss
52 or 152 - Keep alive memory lost
66 or 166 - Low Freon

Note that a number 1 prefix on any code indicates a history code.

I hope this helps, I have spent more than a few hours on these nice, but somewhat troublesome systems. David

Add your comment to this topic!