Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01 Chevy Venture. Windshield Washer prob

burakis123a
08-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Having a problem with chevy venture where the wipers will sometimes not work and the washers don't work period. The washer pumps seem fine and the fuses are ok. I'm guessing the problem is in the steering column (switch etc.) Was wondering what i probably need to pull off a junker and use to replace on van. The turn signals/cruise control works fine btw. Also if you try to run the washers the wipers work but nothing sprays. Any help is appreciated in tracking down this annoying problem.

Mike

ps. Wipers on occasion will stop working mid-swipe sometimes. Then will start working again

'97ventureowner
08-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Have you checked for any blockage in the washer fluid hoses that carry the fluid from the pump to the nozzles? Maybe some debris got in the line, or the hose itself got crimped by something blocking the flow of fluid.

burakis123a
08-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Have you checked for any blockage in the washer fluid hoses that carry the fluid from the pump to the nozzles? Maybe some debris got in the line, or the hose itself got crimped by something blocking the flow of fluid.

didn't but it couldn't be that. Even if they were obstructed i should be able to hear the pumps going. Also used multimeter to check power going to wipers and washer pumps when turned on. Wipers had power going to them but the pumps did not. Maybe this extra info will point to a possible source. Again the wipers sometimes die mid swipe and so i'm guessing they lose power....somehow both problems are tied to a failing part somewhere.

Any help appreciated:popcorn:

Mike

acemech128
08-08-2007, 10:07 AM
sounds like pulse wiper module failure, module is located on motor

Ididnt[BreAK]it
08-14-2007, 01:44 AM
check the ground..
if there good then the pumps/motor are dead

Add your comment to this topic!