Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sexiest cars of all time

crayzayjay
11-12-2002, 04:22 PM
EVO magazine has interviewed top car designers, (including Miura creator Marcello Gandini and DB7 genius Ian Callum, as well as the small matter of Giugiaro, Fiovaranti, Zapatinas, and Panchal :eek: ), as well as style critics, motoring writers, and photographers to name the sexiest cars in the world. The following list is the result, countdown from #50 to #1, the sexiest car in the world.
I’ve added some of the quotes that I like from the magazine….

Here goes…

The 50 sexiest cars of all time:

50. TVR Griffith
49. TVR Tuscan
48. Porsche 550 Spyder
47. Alfa Romeo SZ Its hard to call it pretty, but there’s just something about it. I suppose it’s the balance of form and function. It works, though, and that’s enough
46. Mercedes 300 SLR
45. Alfa Carabo It inspired a whole generation of 1970s supercars, not least the Countach, none of which reproduced its air or sheer excitement
44. Jaguar R Coupe It made a statement that just had to be made
43. Lamborghini Diablo
42. Porsche 911 GT2 (993)
41. Lotus Elan (rwd)
40. Lancia Fulvia HF
39. BMW Z8 Long hood, perfect proportions, sexy shape
38. Ferrari 250GT California Achingly pretty and so elegant. The most beautiful convertible ever
37. Jaguar D-Type
36. Lola T70 IIIB
35. Lancia Integrale EVO Square-jawed, with blistered arches, flared nostrils and four piercing headlights – never has a car had such a butch or muscular presence
34. Ferrari 250 GTO
33. Eagle Weslake (GP car)
32. Lotus Elise
31. Ferrari 275 GTB/4
30. AC Cobra
29. Lotus Elite (‘60s)
28. Citroen SM
27. BMW 3.0 CSL “Batmobile”
26. Pagani Zonda
25. Citroen DS
24. Ferrari F355 Effortlessly outshines the 360 and many previous baby Ferrari’s, for me 246 Dino included. A brilliant combination of soft curves and muscularity, for best effect view from low down rear three quarters…
23. Maserati Ghibli (‘60s)
22. Ferrari F40
21. Lancia Stratos The definitive wedge shape, powerful wheel forms, iconic wrap-around upper glass
20. Ferrari 250 Lusso Less vulgar than other sexy cars
19. Alfa Romeo T33 Stradale Just check the measurements: bust-waist-hips!
18. Mercedes 300SL (‘50s) About as emotional as you’ll get from a German car… looks like it was carved from solid metal
17. Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic
16. Ferrari 250GT SWB Terrific proportions – perfect liaison between aggression and elegance
15. Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato Small, tight, so sexy. So good they made it twice
14. Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona
13. McLaren F1 For a supercar, the F1 is remarkably understated. The beauty lies in the detailing, the packaging, and the execution
12. Porsche 911 2.7 RS Next to driving it, the best way to appreciate the RS is to handwash it… it’s the 2.7’s purity of shape and economy of detail that really impresses
11. Aston Martin Vanquish Meticulously muscular. The perfect modern Aston
10. Ferrari 246 GT Dino
9. Ford GT40 Still so awesome they tried to reinvent it
8. Ferrari 288GTO Perfect from any angle. 110% Ferrari
7. Porsche 917 All that grace, all that power, and every line flowing as if sculpted by the wind itself
6. Lamborghini Countach A projectile, so aggressive, so sexy
5. Chevrolet Corvette (’63) Classic jet-age fenders and one of the most fabulous rear ends ever
4. Lamborghini Murcielago A new take on the class and simplicity of the Miura and Countach, combined with just enough of the Diablo’s brazen drama. Every angle is spectacular, every shutline scribed to perfection. Every inch the 200mph supercar
3. Ferrari 330P4 Wonderful surfaces with sharp edges – dramatic and beautiful
2. Jaguar E-Type Sexy hips, long hood
1. Lamborghini Miura Combines the femininity of the E-Type with explicit Italian raunch. There’s simply nothing to touch it

Thats that. Pretty predictable result, i thought, but a deserved victory.

Anything they left out that you guys think should have been mentioned?

cheers,
jay

YellowMaranello
11-12-2002, 05:01 PM
Wheres the Porsche 959?

crayzayjay
11-13-2002, 07:17 AM
Well spotted, i think the 959 does deserve a place in there somewhere.

other cars i would have liked to see in there:

Maserati Merak: beautiful, beautiful car. no other way to describe it
DeTomaso Pantera: drop-dead gorgeous, we're talking first design here
Lancia Montecarlo: so pretty, very feminine shape
Porsche 993: best looking 911 model ever
Cizeta Moroder V16: something about it....
Ferrari 250LM?

Moppie
11-13-2002, 03:13 PM
There has to easily be another 50 cars that would fit in that last, but then what would happen to the 50 already there?

Its one of those judgement calls, that really comes down to who you ask.

Its certianly clear they didn't ask any Americans (is there even one yank car in there? or the Japanese?)

I mean who is to say that all the sexiest cars in the world were made by the Italians between 1960 and 1990?

And did anyone notice that all the cars represent the supermodels of the automotive world? Thier the Ele Mcphersona of cars, but what about the Drew Barrymores? the Triumph GT6 for exapmle.
And just what is it that makes one car sexier than another?

TatII
11-13-2002, 06:25 PM
well i'm surprised that the beautiful Pagani Zonda C12 S is not up there.

Moppie
11-14-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by TatII
well i'm surprised that the beautiful Pagani Zonda C12 S is not up there.

Number 26 ;)

YogsVR4
11-14-2002, 04:31 PM
One of those subjective lists again. I disagree with the placement of some of the cars on the list and dont see some I think belong. Oh well. I guess I wouldn't mind pulling out of the driveway in any of those.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

crayzayjay
11-15-2002, 01:44 PM
No one is still naming these numerous cars that they think belong.. Yogs? Moppie?

NISSANSPDR
11-16-2002, 02:34 AM
I think the F40 should be in the top 10...not 22

crayzayjay
11-16-2002, 08:13 AM
I dont know, I'd find it awfully difficult to take out one of the top-ten placed cars. In fact, I dont think I could take any of them out except for the Murcielago, which I think should be placed lower in the list.

YellowMaranello
11-16-2002, 08:00 PM
I think that the Countach should be taken off, I mean, the thing looks like a washing machine. The Murcielago should be moved down on the list, and the Diablo moved up, just my opinion.

CopperHed210
11-16-2002, 09:24 PM
What should be up there all depends on the cars that you like.There should be Mustang and Trans Am up there someplace.
Thats just my opinion.

Fliquer
11-16-2002, 11:42 PM
(is there even one yank car in there? or the Japanese?)

Guess who made #5

I agree that there are too many italian cars on that list, some of which I would call ugly (lancia Integrale, alfa SZ)

crayzayjay
11-17-2002, 07:52 AM
I think that the Countach should be taken off, I mean, the thing looks like a washing machine. The Murcielago should be moved down on the list, and the Diablo moved up, just my opinion.

I agree with your opinion on the Diablo and Murcielago, but i dont think the Countach could be left off at all.. the shape the designers took into account was the first Countach, which looked purer and not vulgar like the later models

crayzayjay
11-17-2002, 07:54 AM
I agree that there are too many italian cars on that list, some of which I would call ugly (lancia Integrale, alfa SZ)

aaaaaghhhhh! I can see how the SZ can be seen as ugly, but the Integrale? :eek: That car is stunning!

To each their own :)

R32's Kick ass
11-18-2002, 03:29 AM
i don't have a problem with the list apart from that half of the cars i have never even herd of. but shouln't the maybech be up there? and what about the enzo???i think every one can agree to this that there are TOO much Italian cars in there(not that i have a problem with that) but shouldn't there abit of every countries cars like Japan (i know that there aren't much REALLY good looking cars when you compair tthem to the list) but shoud the rx 7 an nsx be up there (some poeple confuse the nsx for a ferrari so doesn't that say anything?)

YellowMaranello
11-18-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by R32's Kick ass
i think every one can agree to this that there are TOO much Italian cars in there
Too many Italian cars? That's impossible. Besides, I think it says something about Italian craftsmanship.

crayzayjay
11-20-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by R32's Kick ass
i don't have a problem with the list apart from that half of the cars i have never even herd of. but shouln't the maybech be up there? and what about the enzo???i think every one can agree to this that there are TOO much Italian cars in there(not that i have a problem with that) but shouldn't there abit of every countries cars like Japan (i know that there aren't much REALLY good looking cars when you compair tthem to the list) but shoud the rx 7 an nsx be up there (some poeple confuse the nsx for a ferrari so doesn't that say anything?)

The Maybach? puh-lease.... im never seen anything less sexy... ok its beautiful inside but you call THAT a sexy car? Its ugly, for heaven's sake!

The Enzo is a purposeful looking car. Function before form. Its hardly one of the beautiful Ferraris. Let me rephrase. Its hardly beautiful at all. Nor sexy.

The RX7, yes, youre right, is a hot looking car... the NSX too, apart from the rear view, which is enough to leave it out of such an exclusive list.

tigermiata
01-03-2003, 08:44 AM
The Citroen DS on that list had darn well better be the Chapron convertible version!

And the Talbot-Lago "Teardrop" by Figoni and Falaschi is missing.

And swap out the Lancia Fulvia (fer cryin' out loud) for the Lancia Aurelia B24 spyder.

SpyVO
01-05-2003, 07:17 PM
I find it kinda odd that they put those little explanations next to the cars, as if to say that the car's abilities make up for it's looks. The list is about looks!! When I saw that the Enzo made it, I KNEW that they were in fact measuring something else. Cool car, but NOT sexy.

I can not understand how the Pantera didn't get on there. If I'm not mistaken, it IS an Italian designed car. I mean the thing just oozes 'SEXY'!!

Jimster
01-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Where the hell is the Datsun 240Z????:(

otherwise spot on- NOBODY designs a car with as much passion as the Itallians. 'Cept maybe the Brits- but then only the Luxury/Sports car manufacturers.

I wouldn't put an NSX in there- it borders on boring and the RX7 is a possibility- I've always liked the way it looks

crayzayjay
01-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by tigermiata
The Citroen DS on that list had darn well better be the Chapron convertible version!

And the Talbot-Lago "Teardrop" by Figoni and Falaschi is missing.

And swap out the Lancia Fulvia (fer cryin' out loud) for the Lancia Aurelia B24 spyder.

The Teardrop coupe is indeed beautiful.

i think both those Lancia models are sexy as hell :)

gemballa
01-12-2003, 12:45 PM
what about alfa romeo gtam?
alfa romeo nuvola concept
alfa romeo brera concept-will go production
lamborghini diablo gtr
ferrari f40
ferrari 275 gtb/4

crayzayjay
01-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by SpyVO
I find it kinda odd that they put those little explanations next to the cars, as if to say that the car's abilities make up for it's looks. The list is about looks!! When I saw that the Enzo made it, I KNEW that they were in fact measuring something else. Cool car, but NOT sexy.

I can not understand how the Pantera didn't get on there. If I'm not mistaken, it IS an Italian designed car. I mean the thing just oozes 'SEXY'!!

The explanations arent necessarily to do with the look of the car. Not all entries had an explanation, and not all explanations were to do with the shape of the car. The comment is unrelated to the position of the car in the list. i.e. just because they say a car drives magnificently it doesnt mean they put it in that position because of that fact. Like i said, the list was compiled after surveying famous motoring designers etc...

Youre right about the Pantera, it should definitely be on there :D

crayzayjay
01-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by gemballa
what about alfa romeo gtam?
alfa romeo nuvola concept
alfa romeo brera concept-will go production
lamborghini diablo gtr
ferrari f40
ferrari 275 gtb/4

The F40 and 275GTB/4 are in the list.

Like i said about the Diablo, half the designers liked the design, and half thought it looked "crude" and "vulgar". I think it does look vulgar to some extent but it doesnt stop me loving it!

Oh, and the Diablo is in there too, the 6l GT

Have a better look before making these criticisms people :)

Polygon
01-16-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry but I don't agree completely with that list. Everybody has different tastes though.

gemballa
01-16-2003, 10:41 PM
how can i put a pic in my signature and one bellow my nickname??????':confused:

crayzayjay
01-17-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Polygon
I'm sorry but I don't agree completely with that list. Everybody has different tastes though.

Of course. This just shows you what people in the industry regard as the best designs.

VR6Turbo
01-18-2003, 08:28 PM
I think you guys put way too many classics and older cars on the list.
I can agree with a lot of them, but I have a few that would be on my personal list. I know that most of you guys are going to think this is some kind of sacrilage or somthing,( with your list of vintage italian machines and such)

'93-'95 Mazda RX-7 This is a truly sexy beautiful car, like the new Miatas, Mazda has got some good designers.
C5 Corvette
The Last Toyota Supra

Jimster
01-19-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by VR6Turbo

The Last Toyota Supra
You've got to be fucking kidding me :apuke:

The C5 Vette should ber there though

crayzayjay
01-19-2003, 07:23 AM
sorry, the RX 7 is a beautiful car and maybe should be up there, but the Supra and C5 i totally disagree with. the Supra is a crude design, a comic book car.. the C5 is a good looking car but an uglified version of a traditional ferrari, say the F355.... F355vs C5? The 'vette has no chance

Pennzoil GT-R
01-19-2003, 10:55 AM
i think you are confusing sexy with beatiful. to me sexy means not just beautiful, they have to give off an image, have something about them to be sexy, not just be beautiful. and in that respect i think that list is pretty good.

crayzayjay
01-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Im an Integrale nut, so trust me i distinguish between beautiful & sexy :D

To me, you cant go via the ferrari route and come out with a butch looking car like the C5. It doesnt look lithe from any angle, which is what i think "that" look is all about; thats why i dont find it sexy

ac427cpe
01-20-2003, 12:26 AM
well.. the rx7 should be up there.. .as should the viper, and calloway C12 corvette (if it counts...)

but, the GT40 still wins anyway:)

blaupunk
01-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by crayzayjay
Well spotted, i think the 959 does deserve a place in there somewhere.

other cars i would have liked to see in there:

Maserati Merak: beautiful, beautiful car. no other way to describe it
DeTomaso Pantera: drop-dead gorgeous, we're talking first design here
Lancia Montecarlo: so pretty, very feminine shape
Cizeta Moroder V16: something about it....
Ferrari 250LM?

Agreed

http://gozips.uakron.edu/~jg4/6.jpg
http://gozips.uakron.edu/~jg4/3.jpg
http://gozips.uakron.edu/~jg4/4.jpg

crayzayjay
01-20-2003, 08:01 PM
My god that is a beautiful car. And those alloys... there have been other 18' alloys on other supercars but none of them manage to look so "fat".... this car makes the new (996) Turbo look like sh*t....

i guess they didnt include it in the list cos the 993GT2 is in there... i'd have both :D

SuPeRcAr_MaN
01-20-2003, 08:09 PM
I just love Porche because they are different than anything out there. There shape and styling is recognizable and beautiful. That is a big reason why Porche has sold well and will be selling well far into the future.

crayzayjay
01-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Absolutely. The classic shape and awesome driving experience are the reason the company has such a huge following. Porsche's great product line is the reason it is doing very well, it was the most profitable car company in the world last year and will probably repeat that feat this year too

Add your comment to this topic!