Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

window up and down problems

surfncook
08-06-2007, 08:05 AM
I just bought my Rodeo and the drivers window fell forward while driving. Any ideas on how to replace the wire that is connected to the pulley and the window. I have torn it apart and then noticed the steel cables were no longer attached to the eletric pulley thing. One end of the wire has two pretty large kinks in it, I think this is what made the window fall to begin with.

surfncook
08-06-2007, 09:47 AM
please if somebody knows about this I need help putting wires back in the pulley.

1997 Isuzu Rodeo 2wd. 3.2 li. Auto

surfncook
08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
did a more though search and this is a common problem with Isuzu, seems to happen alot and get fixed alot but the pictures on earth link won't load or have been removed. Would like to see some finished pics with the cable reattached but if not going to take the passenger side apart.

FL 3.2L
08-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I have 2 new regulators on the way from St. Charles Automotive. One has been out for 4 years or so and the other quit Saturday. It's pricey to change them out completely, but I don't want to be in there again for awhile. The passenger front that just failed was swapped 7 or more years ago. For general info, you can get a new regulator without the motor for the fronts, but the regulator and motor come as a unit for the rears.

RockinV
08-30-2007, 02:50 PM
For general info, you can get a new regulator without the motor for the fronts, but the regulator and motor come as a unit for the rears.

My Rear passenger side is very broken (1995 Honda Passport)… but all I can find are the front assemblies online?
Are the front and rear interchangeable?
Do you have the part numbers for the front and back??
Thanks

FL 3.2L
08-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Front and rear are very different. Go to myisuzuparts.com to find the part #.

Add your comment to this topic!