Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My '97 Conorde LX

mtoedtli
08-06-2007, 03:18 AM
Being younger, I got a used car for my first car. My parents had bought a 1997 Chrysler Concorde LX with a 3.5 V-6 in 2000. Back then it had 75,000 miles on it. My mother drove it the 17 miles to and from my school. Being the weird kid I was, I kept that think perfect knowing someday that it would be the car that I would drive someday.

Soon enough I took my test for my license and then the car was given to me right in the DMV parking lot. That is when I was the happiest kid ever. I went and picked up some friends and went to get ice cream.

Day after day I loved that thing. Whenever my friends and I would go out, I was always the one to drive. I had the nicest car since all of us live out on farms and everyone else got really beat up cars.

One day in a huge hurry to get back to school, some friends and I were going around a coroner and the dirt road gave way and I ended up in a irrigation ditch. Everyone being safe, I floored it and got going about 50 miles an hour in this huge irrigation ditch and then turned hard and went about ten feet up the ditch on to the road and we made it to school.

There had been many more stories like this. For example tippin hay bails and jumping out of the car with it on cruise and catching up to it.

I know was a complete retard for doing all of the things I did, but that car never let me down. For any of you thinking about buying one, I've had nothing but good things to say about it. I finally moved on to a newer Seabring but I still know the guy who has the car and after 200,000 miles it's still running strong with no major problems.

AWP9521
08-06-2007, 02:59 PM
There had been many more stories like this. For example tippin hay bails and jumping out of the car with it on cruise and catching up to it.

Any LH bodied car I have or have ever owned (4 now, 2 Concordes, 2 LHS's with one of each currently in my driveway) would never engage the cruise until the speed was at or slightly above 30 MPH (And will not set above 90 MPH), although tapping the coast button you can nurse it to a lower speed, but I have never had the cruise hold below an indicated 27 MPH doing that before it cancels out below 27.

You must run real fast to catch it at that speed, have you considered track and field for a career?

Add your comment to this topic!