2002 zx2 advice?

mgs2006
08-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey I was just wondering if the 2002 zx2 is known to be a reliable car, or crap. I have the chance to buy a 2002 zx2 with all the options, moonroof, etc. for 3,000 with 118k on it. it doesn't have any rust, and overall the condition is good for the miles. is this worth it? or should I stay away? Thanks for the advice! P.S-The carfax is clean.

Markb873
08-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Mine is older, a '98 w/ about 200,000 miles. Everything i have done with it was routine maintenence. except when the VCT went, actually before 50,000 miles but after the warrenty. I was quoted 2000 at a shop and decided to do it myself so other then the $300 VCT at the parts counter, and an alternator, I have had no problems. If it makes you feel better, I can't think of a safety recall on the ZX2 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and the focus has had multiple in comparison.

brandone1987
08-30-2007, 08:34 PM
i have a 1999 zx2 and at about 124k mine went to crap. it started running all messed up, the rpm's went up real high then started dropping way low to about 200rpm then shooting back up it sometimes died when i was at a stop ligh. when i was under the hood i could hear a massive vacuum leak but never was able to find it so i finaly broke down and took it to a garage. they said when they took off the head that it was warpped beyond repair and the block had a chuck taken out so it was beyond repair and they ended up putting a new engine in it. when i first got it i had to replace the thermostat cuz of over heating and the coolant was all brown. but i got it used so someone most of not taken care of it to make it have all those issues. so i guess what im saying is be careful and make sure the guy your buying it from didnt thrash it

Add your comment to this topic!