Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Brake Pedal Problem!!!

barkboy6
08-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I have a 94 Eldorado and today when I was driving it I pushed my brake pedal to stop but the pedal went down to the floor. I still have a little bit of braking but the car would not stop even after I pushed the pedal as far as I could. I made it home safely tho. I've been reading around on the internet and have found some helpful information. Some people have said that it could be the booster. But it is not making any "hissing" sounds, just like a small burst of air near the pedal when I push it down, but I think it has always done that. And some people have said it could be a bad master cylinder, which from what they've described that is likely the problem. Anyone ever experience this problem, and have any ideas of what the cause may be. Also my brake pads are due for a change, could this be the problem? How much would a new master cylinder or booster cost?

caddydaddy
08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
First I'd check the fluid in the master cylinder. If it's low, you could have blown a brake line, and that would have caused your sudden loss of braking power. If that is the case, the line will need to be replaced and the brake system bled before you can drive the car again.

terminuseldorado
08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
I have a concern...how do I start a new thread?:banghead:

maxwedge
08-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Welcome to AF. At the opening page of this forum you will see top l/s, thread starter.

Add your comment to this topic!