Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Finding a car

keyfur14
08-04-2007, 08:07 PM
im lookign to buy a car for under 20k but closer to 15 and the one really set in my mind is the scion tc...but the hp is definately not what im looking for...can i get any suggestions for a car with better starting power that i could build off of?

sickcallawayc12
08-04-2007, 09:54 PM
You can make a Scion go faster. Its got an aftermarket. Maybe a WRX?

keyfur14
08-04-2007, 10:16 PM
yeah but the scion would cost too much to sup up
and i did think about a wrx but my bros already got that

oedipussy
08-04-2007, 10:25 PM
What kind of horsepower are you looking for? Does it have to be a brand new car, or are you open to suggestions for '50's, '60's, and '70's cars as well?

I personally wouldn't buy a Scion. I rode in one of those "xB" things and it was so flimsy. I think they might be making those things out of paper mache...

sickcallawayc12
08-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Well for 15k you have a ton of options, especially Japanese compacts. Do you want something similar to the TC or do you just want whatever? You could find an RX7 for that price. Or get a Civic and build it up to handle a good 250 horses or something. Could also look at the modern muscle cars: Firebird/Camaro and Mustang. Neon SRT4 is a good option that can be found in that price range. Good amount of power stock and can be modified for not too much money. Possibly a Cobalt SS, but I dunno where those run at.

keyfur14
08-04-2007, 11:04 PM
What kind of horsepower are you looking for? Does it have to be a brand new car, or are you open to suggestions for '50's, '60's, and '70's cars as well?

I personally wouldn't buy a Scion. I rode in one of those "xB" things and it was so flimsy. I think they might be making those things out of paper mache...

i would prefer cars in the 2000 range, im looking for above 200 like the wrx around 227

keyfur14
08-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Well for 15k you have a ton of options, especially Japanese compacts. Do you want something similar to the TC or do you just want whatever? You could find an RX7 for that price. Or get a Civic and build it up to handle a good 250 horses or something. Could also look at the modern muscle cars: Firebird/Camaro and Mustang. Neon SRT4 is a good option that can be found in that price range. Good amount of power stock and can be modified for not too much money. Possibly a Cobalt SS, but I dunno where those run at.

Yes i love the look of the tc and if i cant find anything that is what ill probably get so anything like the tc would be great, definately not a fan of the mustang-like muscle cars, a civic would be nice(what would be the best year?)

sickcallawayc12
08-04-2007, 11:14 PM
I dunno the best year. Personally I like all year Civics. With 15k, you can make just about any 90s year Civic into a real road rocket.

Also, you may want to look at an Acura RSX Type-S. Kinda like a Civic or a TC in that its a small sporty coupe, but has 200 horses and a 6 speed. They probably fall around that range, possibly need a little more change. I dunno if you can make it a lot more powerful than it is, but is a nice option to consider nonetheless.

oedipussy
08-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Well, in that case, I'll leave the suggestions to sickcallaway as I don't know much about cars outside of those eras and he seems to know his stuff.

I've heard that Dodge engines are very modifiable by design though, and (historically, at least) they've always come out with high-horsepower cars. Might want to look into that...

Add your comment to this topic!