Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HLJ shipping

Jonno
11-12-2002, 01:58 AM
How can I find out the cost of shipping on HLJ? I am searching around their site but can't find it...

Cheers.

hirofkd
11-12-2002, 02:07 AM
Each item page has one. Multiple items should cost less than the total shipping cost of each item added together.

Ragnarok043
11-12-2002, 02:17 AM
"For SAL orders the formula is more complex. If your package can be shipped as a postal "small packet" (total weight under 2kg, length + width + height < 90cm), then the cost is about 1,080 yen/kilogram. If one of the items in your order is too large to ship by small packet, then we must ship by the more expensive "parcel" class, which is 1,400 yen/kg to 1,700 yen/kg, depending on final weight."

BTW shipping info is right here http://www.hlj.com/hlj_shipping.html

Jonno
11-12-2002, 02:46 AM
Man you guess replied fast!

Cheers, I plan on doing some shopping in the near future...
Hey, it aint my credit card :devil:

Ragnarok043
11-12-2002, 03:01 AM
if its not your credit card why does it matter how much shipping is :hehehe:

Jonno
11-12-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Ragnarok043
if its not your credit card why does it matter how much shipping is :hehehe:

:hehe:

Good point...

:D

primera man
11-12-2002, 03:27 AM
If its not your card maybe you could order me some stuff !!! ;) ;)

Jonno
11-12-2002, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by primera man
If its not your card maybe you could order me some stuff !!! ;) ;)

And maybe you could paint the bodies for me
:finger: :finger:

P.S: Its my Dads credit card....;)

hiver77
11-12-2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by thug_9_6

And maybe you could paint the bodies for me
:finger: :finger:

P.S: Its my Dads credit card....;)

When your dad sees the HLJ bill, you'd feel like it's your credit card (your dad still pays for it though :cool: ).

integra818
11-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Seeing the FAQ on hlj, about all the shipping problems made me a little worried about ordering, has anyone had problems ordering? I'm gonna get my dad a fujimi crx (he wants to build a model too!) for his birthday on January 26,I'm gonna tell him Im ordering model cars for myself ,get some civics, the CRX, and use his credit card and when the bill comes, I'm gonna pay fo it.
We recently sold one of our crx's :( the car I learnded how to drive stickshift on VERY FAST:devil:

RyanGiorgio
11-12-2002, 04:19 PM
They ship to the US right? How can you make the yen to dollars?

daggerlee
11-12-2002, 05:58 PM
www.xe.com has good conversions.

Haven't had any problems so far with shipping to the US. So far the largest shipping bill has been $17, that's a shipment of 3 model kits and a bunch of misc (two wheel sets, epoxy putty, masking tape). Even with shipping added, in the end it still ends up cheaper than ordering from online stores in the US (recently got hit with a $9 charge for one kit) since most online hobby stores in the US like to jack up shipping and handling.

hirofkd
11-12-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by RyanGiorgio
They ship to the US right? How can you make the yen to dollars?
Credit card company takes care of the conversion with a small amount of fee. It's like adjusting a few yen to the most recent exchange rate, and exchange rate always appears on the bill if the item is purchased from overseas. That's one of many benefit of using a credit card.

Add your comment to this topic!