Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

When do the Clearance Sales usually begin?

JustDanMI
08-04-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm looking at buying a new Silverado, but I wanted to wait until the Clearance sales kicked in. I was curious if anyone knows when the Clearance sales Generally begin.

G-man422
08-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Usually a little after the new models come out.

'97ventureowner
08-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Usually a little after the new models come out.
With changes in the industry in the past 15 years or so, that could mean anytime of the year. Some manufacturers choose to introduce some models in the Spring, so late winter would be a good time, etc. Years ago, when the standard model year introduction was October, you'd see the clearance sales start in late August/early September. Trucks on the other hand, at least in my area,(the Northeast,) never really have clearance sales per se. They are so in demand year round with the construction and landscaping businesses buying them in the warmer months, and the plow guys buying them in the Fall/Winter, the dealers capitialize on that demand. Probably late winter or if winter here is slow( i.e. warm weather, no snow) would they consider lowering their prices or making deals to move them out the door. Best thing to do is keep an eye on your local newspaper's advertisements for the local dealers, or tv commercials announcing clearance sales for the vehicles you are interested in.

JustDanMI
08-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll keep my eye's peeled, even though I to live in the North East of the states (Michigan). Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks again.

Add your comment to this topic!