How much does a front end alignment cost?

Ducaire
08-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Lately my car has been wanting to vear off to the left when traveling down the road, but I just figured the tires needed aligning. But when I got my oil changed, the guy asked me if it had been vearing off, and when I said yes, he said I might want to get my front end checked.

RIP
08-04-2007, 01:10 PM
An alignment should cost anywhere from $60 to $120 depending on where you have it done and what specials are going on. Watch your newspaper flyers. I would get a 4 wheel alignment. Rear end problems are more common that you might think. Just getting the front aligned may waste your money.

I would hope this "mechanic" told you the specifics of exactly why he asked you the question. If not, go somewhere else for your oil changes. This could be a safety issue depending on what he saw. If he didn't, I would call and ask. If you can't get the info, get this looked at asap. He may have seen a damaged component or tires worn to the steel cord, either of which is something you have to fix right away.

Ducaire
08-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I would hope this "mechanic" told you the specifics of exactly why he asked you the question.

He said he noticed my steering wheel was 'cocked'.

simplexveritas
08-11-2007, 03:28 AM
about 100 bucks at les schwab -- they do all four at once i think.

generalgotgame
08-12-2007, 09:13 PM
About 70 bucks for a 4 wheel alignment, with a 6 month warranty at sears auto centers.

Add your comment to this topic!