Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

we are drifters?

rice(er)
08-04-2007, 03:08 AM
it's 2:30 am and i just can't seem to go to sleep. Don't mind this thread, it's my personal rant thread.

This is actually a while ago, but anyways, i'm at the local hangout, and i see this dude with a pretty stock what-looks-like the base model lancer. Anyways, he's leaning up against it, arms crossed like a tough guy, head looking straight looking like he's some madD tyTE sTrEEt RaCcER. Note to you guys that this place is where the actual races takes place. Anyways, I go up to him and start talking about cars and shit, you know the ritual, introduce yourself and whatnot. It came to a discussion about drifting, and all of a sudden, he goes, "I'm a drifter. I don't really do anything else but drift." or some shit like that. At first i thought he was j/k, but he was actually serious. I looked at his lancer again making sure it's not an evo that has been replaced by lancer parts. Everything is stock, even the automatic shift knob, the exhaust muffler has a "chrome" tail cover from pepboys, or i think he told me it was wal-mart. Anyways, this guy is pretty much full of himself. Me, I just try to act like drifting is the coolest thing and go with the flow. I asked him if he wants to run, he said no at first because of his auto vs. my manual, i kept bugging him and he finally decides to say yes, but it was too late because 5.0 was at the scene already.

To make this last paragraph short, the following week I meet a "crew", this is at a hangout spot where no one races, just to chill. They came up to me mainly because one of the members drove a geo prizm as a beater and another member drives a corolla like mine as a beater. All their week-end fun cars are also red like mine. Anyways, we started talking and giggling like little school girls, once again, i get this "we are drifters" comment with serious looks, too. They drive a rx-7, a couple 240s, and some other rwd cars. At first, i was ok with this because they actually own cars meant for drifting. Only problem is they act like they're all hardcore and shit, i mean c'mon. One of them were cool, but the rest 3-4 of them acted like they were doRitOz KiNgS. All of their cars are non-turboed pretty stock engine with heavy exterior modifications, very sexy looking cars, but engine all stock n/a. And I know real driters who actually drifts, they're cars have scraps and zip-tie bumpers and whatnot and engines not stock.

Again, this is my personal rant, and I'm not trying to downgrade these people at all. I know everyone is not fortunate enough to have mommy and daddy plant them trees that grows money, fuck i'm even one of those people, but their personality are far beyond mine. I drive a slow ass econobox and i know that, i do what i can with what i have, and whenever i talk to people, i stay humble. Even if i ever get a fast car, i'll always stay humble, it's just the way i am.

Alright, that's my /end rant thread. As for the update on the mr2, not getting it until next month.

P:S: Post in here too if you have a similiar story to share, i don't mind.

GForce957
08-04-2007, 03:16 AM
I dont have a personaly story like that just now, its too late and im too drunk, im just curious as too what mr2 you are planning on getting?

Andydg
08-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I've run into a couple groups of people that say they're drifters but they're cars are low powered FWD cars that are pigs. Not that I have a cool car or anything at the moment but COME ON don't be BSing people that bad lol. Around here it's usually a couple kids with daddy's 4 door 4 banger Accord yanking up the E-brake every chance they get. Any night a car movie comes out is a great time to find these 'tards...

Chiquae07
08-04-2007, 12:21 PM
im a drifter...in the snow ;)

CassiesMan
08-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Drifting is like rubbing one out. Its real fun and cool for fifteen minutes, then your bored and want the real thing. And those people are everywhere, not just where you are. Get used to it.

Polygon
08-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah, Neutrino once roomed with a guy down at BYU that drove an Accord. There was a turn that you could take pretty fast to head to his apartment. Anyhow, this guy claimed that he had drifted that turn at like 60MPH;

Needless to say the guy was a stupid ass dink.

pimp349
08-04-2007, 11:51 PM
im a drifter...in the snow ;)

:1: or heavy rain :lol:

Mr. Luos
08-05-2007, 11:20 AM
It is powersliding....not drifting. :grinyes:

CivRacer95
08-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah, Neutrino once roomed with a guy down at BYU that drove an Accord. There was a turn that you could take pretty fast to head to his apartment. Anyhow, this guy claimed that he had drifted that turn at like 60MPH;

Needless to say the guy was a stupid ass dink.

LOL!! I remember that guy, didn't he say he drifted for over 1/4 mile? What a tool...his accord was burgundy too I believe.

rice(er)
08-05-2007, 09:56 PM
It is powersliding....not drifting. :grinyes:

dang! havn't seen you in a while. http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/9834/sm120xa7.gif

Chiquae07
08-06-2007, 12:23 AM
lol, i wouldnt even call it powersliding lol. its more like i got bearly got traction, so lets pull the ebrake, and hope i dont grab traction, and just slide...like i was on a bike in the snow.

heavy rain doesnt really work for me. all the roads around here are rough, so i always get traction.

BullDog71ss
08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I know a bunch of guys just like that. Most of the tools that are on my g/f's local 240 site are like that. They all talk about how drifting is the ONLY good auto sport and how they are such hardcore drifters and never miss a drift event. So we went to one of these drift events at Firebird a couple months ago to check it out. With the exception of about 3 guys they all failed miserably, it was cone killing night.

The funny part is that they all still sucked after being to so many events cause they never learned from their mistakes. They would make the same stupid move into every corner and wipe out. Then they all got back onto the boards the next day and talked about the badass drifts they were doing. Please.

Mr. Luos
08-06-2007, 05:47 PM
dang! havn't seen you in a while. http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/9834/sm120xa7.gif
Been very busy. :banghead:

Had a little time recently since the 'wife' got a new job and our daughter goes to work with her.

Add your comment to this topic!