Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front end Noise/Vibration

Vchat20
08-03-2007, 05:17 PM
So heres the next issue with the 'deathstar' come about here.

Over the past few days to a week a good case of vibration has come up around the front end. It mostly shows up at high speeds usually going down a highway at some point.

Those who read my last ranting thread know about the unlucky fit relating to the cooling system in which we ran over a large mattress and it went right under the front end till it wedged itself between the two axles over on the left side. So we are assuming it had something to do with it and is possibly out of alignment.

We just had it up on ramps today while I inspected the whole front end as best as I could. Everything seemed solid including the swaybar (which was replaced probably a year or so ago after it was found to be completely busted where it passed by the frame on both sides. The parts left connected to the wheels were able to move freely when the steering was turned.).

I can't think of much else past the alignment bit and I did what searching I could on here but haven't found much useful with the search terms im using.

Also, I doubt it's useful at all due to the REALLY shitty quality of my camera, but I grabbed a few shots while I was under the thing: http://community.webshots.com/album/560140897XmSUUg Only like one or two looking at the front wheel hubs came out decent enough to go by.

Add your comment to this topic!