Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

getting the coilovers off my shocks...please HELP

leevarnam
08-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi,
So I bought some used KYB AGX shocks for my 97 GS-T and they came with some cheap ebay coilovers on them, I previously bought some h&r springs that I want to put on instead but I cant figure out how the hell to get the coilovers off. I dont see anything holding them on but yet they wont come off. I would apprieciate any help or advice that you might have for me. Thanks in advance, Lee

vanilla gorilla
08-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Theres a nut on top holding the spring on. But in order to get the nut off you have to take the tension off of the spring. To do that you have to compress the spring with a spring compressor.

leevarnam
08-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi,
They're not on the car right now and the spring isnt under any tension, the bottom piece of the coilover(the mount part not the spring) seems like its been pounded onto the shock or something. Does this sound familiar or should the coilovers just pull right off of the shocks when not on the car? Sorry if it's hard to understand, but its hard to explain. Please let me know. Thanks again for your help

SilvrEclipse
08-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Are they adjustable coilovers or lowering springs? For lowering springs there is a nut on top of the strut that holds the spring retainer on, Im not sure for coilovers, its not rocket science though, I mean just look at the thing and figure out how that shit comes apart.

Add your comment to this topic!