Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Why???

Drkane53
07-27-2007, 03:45 PM
My neighbor has a beautiful Rolls Royce Phantom. The thing is that he drives himself around!! And it's not like he is a fantastic driver. He can't even get it out of there drive without hitting the mailbox.(been replaced at least ten times!!) When you have that kind of money i think that it is an insult to the car not to get a driver!:screwy: What's your opinion?

denisond3
07-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Id have to ask, which Phantom? I had a Phantom III for a while, and always wished it were a Phantom I - because the older Phantoms are more fund to drive. The P-III was just too close to a normal modern car (it was a 1938 with a Gurney-Nutting body) to be deliciously different, while the P-I's could be as early as 1926, and have a more classic look.
The real answer is that each of us does what each of us likes. If you buy a Rolls and want to have a chauffer drive it; thats fine. But if someone else has one and wants to drive it themselves - well its their car.

BugattiDB9niceidea
07-31-2007, 10:43 PM
what a shame...drove in one of those new phantoms...great car. i pity your neighbor if he has a black rolls-royce like the new phantoms should be. After all, hitting mailboxes isnt good for black paint:banghead:

clichy
07-03-2008, 08:24 AM
so what phantom is it? If its the new £300,000 ones then hes a total fool.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2008/06/28/nosplit/mfrolls128.xml

Add your comment to this topic!