Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S-Type R my new fav lux. car

SilverLotus340R
11-09-2002, 01:55 PM
After MUCH debate

I have replaced the Cadillac CTS with the XType R as my favorite 4 door lux car!

See...i have a list about a mile long of my favorite cars..and i keep adding and adding and adding...

ya know how hard it is to put like 10 thousand cars in order by favorites and catagories...like lux, sport coupe,lux coupe, etc

just thought id let yall know..cuz ya know..christmas is on its way:p

Swoxy
11-11-2002, 11:35 AM
I agree with you there mate, but the new XJ looks pretty nice!

SilverLotus340R
11-16-2002, 08:38 AM
Swoxy...this is prolly a dumb ? but...Jag isnt making the bare aluminum body an option are they? they were just doing it to show off @ car shows about thier new aluminum body

right?

Swoxy
11-16-2002, 07:50 PM
You're right there mate. It was just to show off the new XJ's aluminum body.

jsb88
01-21-2003, 08:46 AM
I like it like that! looks unique!

Swoxy
01-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Not exactly, the new A8 concept has a similar finish I think. But for a Jag, yeah.

Mallet
04-06-2003, 10:10 AM
I have just gotton one not long ago.. and i can sy this.. i ownman y hi-po cars..and they aren't non luxury.. but the symbiosis..of this Jag and Drivetrain yo seem to forget those little anal retentive comments Mag qwriter mke about our interiors.. my sister has an M5 my othe sister has both top of the line Lexuses.. my Jag is easily on par inside..and when you hit the throttle and the suspesin and 50/50 weight distribution amke yourealize . any M5 on an on ramp is toast

this thig is truly a fast fast car.. and i've tweeked the intake and exhaust and it as jumped hp noticably..

People always talk about sleeper.. try racing a C5 vette in your Jag and as you blow by him at around 55 hisyes are in shock...

the Type a 4.2 liter Monster.. though in reality boys it is a Ford and Hadle exactly my brother 03 Lincoln Ls with 300 hp.. i did the ame intake and exhaust mod to his car.. and all he need is the bolt on Jag Supercharger and he'll be sitting pretty..though he''ll need larger injectors ad the jag Ecu.. which is a direct swap

yes i am a Mechanical engineer.. i just other to do the real dirty workor i'd have alincoln LS and do it myself considering the inside of the lincoln is 90% as luxurios as the Jag the Faux wood actually looks better

Mallet

farbod
04-07-2003, 05:44 AM
how much space is thier cos i heard thier is not alot of space in the back

Mallet
04-07-2003, 07:43 AM
Its slightly improved but really a comfortable 2 passenger for a trip 5 if its a shrt juant.. remeber the sc version has a a tighter suspesion so i don't think the 5th passenger will appriate it.. i put down the center armrest and make it look puposeful as a 4 seater.. the tunck is shallow but has room and you fold down the 60/40 lplit rear seatfor long items

its a hell of a car ...
though as i mayhave posted as a mechanical engineer and having some ford connection .. i was able to successfully attach the upercharger to a Lincoln Lse sprt package using the jag ecu and injectors and that car it a screamer.. looks as good but different same basically interior ad the cost even after retrofitting was 15k less.. i got him a great hook up

S be careful iknow im not the only one to see this awesome oppotunity to make a Lincoln a top notch sport luxo car.. watching him scream by a vette is priceless.. or losing an m5 on the on ramp . they are in actual shock

i fit in it wel and i'm a fit 6'1 235 lbs

farbod
04-07-2003, 08:05 AM
well that sounds realy good do you know howmuch they cost

Mallet
04-07-2003, 10:24 AM
You show a Ferrari symbol on your name.. may i ask what you drive..

the Lincoln Ls with the Sc swap is a steal the incentive on the LS package brings the price to around 32,000 list and the supercharger tranplant will cost between 6-8 depending on who you know maybe more if youdon't have a hook up at Ford.. ( not many wrecked 03 Jags Yet)

i bought my Jag for a unreasonable 59.300 list

if you want the luxury and the ride and also a squrish good looks like a beemer the lincoln is the way to go granted its 100 hp les but also about 30 k in your pockect.. and if not gonna go a challage Bmw's bst in accleration.. i'll saythis for the incoln in handles as well or better and make great use of is 300 hp.. thatslightly tweeke.. driving my buddie Ls was no different than my jag AT ALL except for minor detail in luxury but ride nd handling and braking were dead on par the lincoln is luxo performance buy of the milenium so far..

farbod
04-07-2003, 10:26 AM
i drive a tvr griffith 1995 i am hoping to buy a range rover

Mallet
04-07-2003, 10:58 AM
Good Lord .. my collection is a bunchof Barbarians( well iam a yank) the TRV.. awesome..0-60 in 4.3 seconds.. thats Z06 territory.. and me going on about my heavy ass Jag lucky to pull a 5.4 out of it

thats a tweaked range rover engine.. i've heard very reliable if properly maintained..

An XKR would be more up your alley 380 hp.. though 86k US my Brother is a doctor only jags, Bmw. and the occasional monster sized SUV will do.. i don't beleive he could even drive his Excursion ( the biggest suv ford makes) on your roads.. it get an awefull 7mpg ad whatyou all pay for petrol

though all that may change ayy
Britan was wiseto jion with the Us in Iraq.. now their will be enough cheap oil to go around

Griffith.. i mistakenly looked at your symbol and though ferrari.. forgive my ignorance.. i mean you never ever see a griffith here.. at least i have not

good day to you sir

farbod
04-07-2003, 11:00 AM
yep i love my tvr

Add your comment to this topic!