Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Badger Airbrush

Integra14
11-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Has anyone ever heard of Badger Airbrushes.. R they good>????

kicker1_solo
11-09-2002, 02:11 PM
I used to have one, the one I had was very good.

935k3
11-09-2002, 02:56 PM
Badger's 175 Crescendo and 155 Anthem are both very good airbrushes. I use the Crescendo almost exclusively even though I have 3 Paasche airbrushes also.

wkma7six
11-09-2002, 03:12 PM
I also use the 175 Crescendo form Badger exclusively for most of my painting. Quick tear down and easy to clean. I also use the Badger 150 for fine detail work. I have been considering Iwata's line of Eclipse airbrushes when I get some extra money. A friend of mine has one and I checked it out. It seems much better put togehter and has a more balanced feel, but along with these features comes with a high price tag. The one I was interested in was close to 200 dollars.

-Walter

lotus_man
11-09-2002, 03:30 PM
Used to use Badgers, they were OK, but I found getting bits for them trickey and I kept bending needles. I use an Aztec dual action now, and I love it to bits, I wouldn't think of using anything else...

Ragnarok043
11-09-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by wkma7six
I also use the 175 Crescendo form Badger exclusively for most of my painting. Quick tear down and easy to clean. I also use the Badger 150 for fine detail work. I have been considering Iwata's line of Eclipse airbrushes when I get some extra money. A friend of mine has one and I checked it out. It seems much better put togehter and has a more balanced feel, but along with these features comes with a high price tag. The one I was interested in was close to 200 dollars.

-Walter

Badger airbrushes are fine, theyre a well known company. but theyre still nothing compare to Iwata's, once you use them you never go back. i got 2 Eclipse and im more than satisfied with the results, its how an airbrush is suppose to work. if your only gonna use an airbrush for Auto model which doesnt require shading, highlighting, and blending then you might not wanna fork over the extra cash for an Iwata, a sigle action will do. i also do mecha and figure models which requires fine control for special effects, so Iwatas are worth it for me.

if your looking for cheap Iwatas or any airbrushe for that matter you should check out Dixie (http://www.dixieart.com/), they have the lowest price at $89 for Eclipse, plus no tax and free shipping:D

Integra14
11-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Im looking for a real cheap airbrush.. EBAY??? or what?

sugarcaddy
11-10-2002, 09:49 AM
I use a Badger 150 dual action airbrush with a Badger compressor. I don't have any problems using it and the clean up is easy.

Scott

Integra14
11-10-2002, 10:53 AM
what about this?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1784546739

ZoomZoomMX-5
11-10-2002, 02:13 PM
The cheap airbrushes work okay for some, and not okay for others. The 350 is one I haven't tried. This may be okay for learning how to airbrush, how much you spend should be weighed w/how much you plan to build in the future. If unsure, stick to Tamiya paints in their TS line of spray cans. I don't even bother to airbrush colors anymore that are available by Tamiya...and I wrote a detailed book on airbrushing models. And (shameless plug here) it's a great resource to have while you are learning to use an airbrush. It's called How to use an Airbrush by Kalmbach publishing.

I love my 175 Crescendo. It's a workhorse, and it will last forever. Iwata's are excellent, better quality than Badger. I have a Rich AB which is made by Iwata for fine line details and it is absolutely amazing.

Paasche VL's are good. Badger 150's are okay, though a bit tricky to clean/keep clean.

For a good dual action airbrush setup you'll spend around $60-$100, and then you'll need to consider air sources, which would be a compressor for upwards of $150, or a compressed air tank that you fill at the gas station, or perhaps a big CO2 tank. The cans of Propel get expensive fast.

935k3
11-10-2002, 04:21 PM
I had a BADGER 350 once, never again. The all plastic body was not good, the air fitting kept falling out. A much better alternative is the Paasche H model single action because it is an all metal body.

Add your comment to this topic!