Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check Trans light comes on together with Cruise Set light

weathermedic
07-26-2007, 09:42 PM
2001 Rodeo V6 4x4. Had the tranny changed at the dealer earlier this year under warranty.
Was driving it today and sometimes, when the (automatic) tranny started changing gears, the check trans light flashed for about 2-3 seconds along with the cruise set light. This was also coupled with a slight hesitation in shifting of the gears. After a couple of seconds, when the tranny was in gear, the lights went off. It didn't happen until after I started driving for a few miles. I guess the tranny started heating up.
Am planning on going to the dealer tomorrow morning. Will keep you posted as to what they say.

Jason in NYC

weathermedic
07-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Well, went to the dealer today. Said it was the engine wiring harness. They charge $550+ labor (about another $600!) Called St. Charles Isuzu, they are charging me $345 for the part. Unfortunatlely, I will still have to pay the labor at the dealer.
Of course the only Isuzu tech at the dealer (also Lincoln/Mercury/Suzuki) will be away for training Monday through Wednesday! I won't be able to have the work done until Thursday, and it may take until Friday for it to be finished!
It seems like a pretty intense job. Complete with taking out the IMG. Of course the harness is NOT covered under the warranty. Now I know why they offered me 5 yrs interest free to pay for the Rodeo. They knew I would need the extra cash later on! lol

Jason in NYC

Add your comment to this topic!