Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

performence gains

homes322
07-26-2007, 04:47 PM
so I just bought some new taylor plug wires and new accel plugs and new lightweight aluminium pulleys for crank and alt, and a cold air intake, how much performence gains do you think that will give me? what else can I do for performence gains? that are simple like that and easyish to do?
Thanks
Zac

TrappedDarkness
07-26-2007, 10:13 PM
You should should expect some nice gains but nothing to extream. maybe 10-20 maybe a little more. Do you have exhaust mods? With the cold air next would be a intake and exhaust. Manny, high flow cat. Muffler.

homes322
07-27-2007, 01:07 PM
hey thanks yea i have an exaust setup but it was on there before i got the car it dosent look very well done and it has an exaust leak by the manifold (how much power will that hurt) when i get back from a trip im going on im going to get a new system on. also where can i get a intake manifold at performence one like you mentioned
thanks
zac

TrappedDarkness
07-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Of course it depends on how bad the leak is. A small enough one wouln't even be noticable. my Supra was leaking at three openings and after i put a new gasket i could notice a small increase (what to me felt like anyway) On the other hand i had a 91 teg that the catt got broken free in the front and that felt like it took about half its power away. As far as the intake. Try places like summit, Jegs. they don't usualy have a lot of "tuner" stuff. but You can of course search Ebay, or google for Proformance co's

homes322
07-30-2007, 02:30 AM
alright thanks man when I get back in town Im going to get it fixed hopefully it will make a difference becuase the fiero seems slow.

TrappedDarkness
07-30-2007, 05:57 PM
I just remembered and can't bleieve i forgot. Try looking for any and all parts in the Fiero store. I think just ad .com

homes322
07-31-2007, 02:45 AM
hey i tryed jegs and summit and fierostore and they all had nothin not a damn thing fierostore did but it was like 800 bucks

Add your comment to this topic!