Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turn Signal

zubbie
07-26-2007, 08:21 AM
I have a 98 Talon ESI. The left turn signal stays on, the bulbs do flash. The right side will not turn on, but will flash when emergency flashers are on. I have replaced the turn signal switch, the 4-way emergency flasher/ turn signal relay and the emergency flasher switch. I have began trying to chase wires, and go through other switches by process of elimination, if I am not on the right track please let me know, I am open to any and all tips or suggestions. I have located and checked all 13 grounding points on the car. (It is great to have a service manual.) Thank you in advance for any help.

marc-o-matic
07-26-2007, 09:01 AM
sounds like you have a bad bulb on the right side.
do the bulbs light up(but not flash) when turn signal is on?

SilvrEclipse
07-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Sounds like you have everything covered, I would try to replace the bulbs. There is 2 filiments in the turn signal bulbs. Maybe one burned out or something.

zubbie
07-26-2007, 10:44 AM
sounds like you have a bad bulb on the right side.
do the bulbs light up(but not flash) when turn signal is on?The right side will not even light up. I switched bulbs around. There are not any bulbs in the car at this point. And the left side continues to flash at a faster rate due to the lack of bulbs

david-b
07-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Hook a voltameter or whatever you call it to the socket of the defective side and see if there's at least some power flowing through it. Should be a lot, some, or none. Depending on what it is, we can take it from there.

zubbie
07-28-2007, 06:05 PM
There is no power to front or rear turn signals, on the right side. Tail light, brake light and back up lights work. Drivers side is fully functional. Would this be caused by a short. Or would a bad switch divert power back through somewhere? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Add your comment to this topic!