Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

H22a swap questions...

GSXBMX
07-25-2007, 01:16 AM
okay so i have recently picked up a 1992 civic hatch shell and plan to order the motor soon...the only question i have is which motor best fits what i want to do....i am looking towards 300-400 horsepower and still daily drive it.i was originally thinking of swapping a h22a in and turboing it...or would there be a better motor application i should be looking into?also,ive looked into the h22a and with the purchase of that motor i will also get engine wiring harness,all required cables,ecu,distributor,complete intake manifold,alternator,a/c,power steering pump,all brackets and sensors,and shift linkage....i also will be purchasing the enjo motor mounts for the h22 into 92-95 civic motor mounts...besides what i listed is there anything else needed to complete just the motor swap...not talking turbo stuff yet.also,where do you guys suggest going through to order the new motor and what not???any information will be greatly appreciated

fatkat89
07-25-2007, 01:28 AM
okay so i have recently picked up a 1992 civic hatch shell and plan to order the motor soon...the only question i have is which motor best fits what i want to do....i am looking towards 300-400 horsepower and still daily drive it.i was originally thinking of swapping a h22a in and turboing it...or would there be a better motor application i should be looking into?also,ive looked into the h22a and with the purchase of that motor i will also get engine wiring harness,all required cables,ecu,distributor,complete intake manifold,alternator,a/c,power steering pump,all brackets and sensors,and shift linkage....i also will be purchasing the enjo motor mounts for the h22 into 92-95 civic motor mounts...besides what i listed is there anything else needed to complete just the motor swap...not talking turbo stuff yet.also,where do you guys suggest going through to order the new motor and what not???any information will be greatly appreciated
the most popular big power swaps ive heard of are the b18c,the k20a and the 2.4 cr-v engine usually wen someone does the h22 swap they just end up leaving it mostly stock and i dont know why but you should look into those other choices

CivicSpoon
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Check out the H22a swap thread in the '92-'95 Civic Forum.
www.hmotorsonline.com is a reputable site to buy the swap from.

00accord44
07-25-2007, 11:33 AM
It sounds like you have your bases covered as far as the swap goes. You may want to consider h23 non-vtec since you want to go turbo. You'll need less reenforcements for the turbo setup and the absence of vtec makes tuning a lil easier when the time comes.

GSXBMX
07-26-2007, 05:17 AM
ive been bouncing back and forth between doing this swap and a b16 swap..mainly because i wasnt sure if i have the knowledge to do either but if i did i wanted to do the easier of the two...but now,i have 100 percent chosen to do the h22 swap.with this swap i am getting:
- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny
- ECU (P13)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shifter Cables
- Shifter Assembly
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
On top of that i am getting the lsd tranny,hasport axles and hasport motor mount swap kit.does this sound about right for the swap...and can anyone else think of more i may need?

CivicSpoon
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
read the h22a swap thread in the '92-'95 Civic section, and you will find the info you need. Here, I'll even give you a link: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=332296

GSXBMX
07-26-2007, 06:59 PM
thanks civic spoon

Add your comment to this topic!