Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

transaxle seals

youstillmydog
07-24-2007, 09:08 PM
I have a 98 chevy cavalier and its leaking around the driverside transaxle seal and the problem is it came in two parts, the seal and a bushing type part that the seal fits over. The problem is that cant figure out how the get the seals or the bushing out. The dealing said that it was a special tool that was use. Everybody knows that it is hard to get dealers to give out information:banghead:

also keeping the trouble code 0404= egr flow ckt range/performance
how do I fix this code

shakewell
07-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I've never done one on a cav, but typically you use a seal puller. Really it's just a sort of hook that you grab the inside edge of the seal with and pry it out. Seal pullers are only like 10 bucks.

That code you have prob means your EGR valve is taking a dump. Clear the code and see if it keeps coming back.

youstillmydog
07-26-2007, 03:07 AM
I Managed To Get The Seal Out But There Is Another Round Piece Lodge Inside The Transmission Spline That The Seal Fitted Over. Evidently It Can Be Change Too Because It Came With The New Seal I Purchased. But It Seems To Be Press In Or Something As Far As The 0404 Egr Code Goes, I Cleared It But After The Car Gets Hot It Shakes And The Codes Comes Back

Add your comment to this topic!