Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need help fast

aorozco2
07-24-2007, 04:39 PM
i am trying to bleed my clutch and i keep pumping it and it just wont get hard, no air is coming out any more. what could it be, its get hard for a while but the pedal wont come back up by itself.

what could it be please any advise would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Abe

MazdaX
07-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Erect clutch dysfunction eh..Well I had a similar issue with my old 1992 and it ended up being a bubble stuck in the slave. Good things to check are inside the car under the clutch pedal for fluid and around the outter firewall area of the Master , see if it looks wet..if so you have a blown master , if not it's just a stubborn air bubble.

sLADe781
07-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Try gravity bleeding: open up the master cylinder and crack open the bleeder on the slave then wait. Just don't let your master go dry and it'll slowly drip and release any air bubbles that may be inside. I bled my system like 2 or 3 times but still had air in the system until I gravity bled it and it's been perfect since.

Good luck.

Stealthee
07-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Try gravity bleeding: open up the master cylinder and crack open the bleeder on the slave then wait. Just don't let your master go dry and it'll slowly drip and release any air bubbles that may be inside. I bled my system like 2 or 3 times but still had air in the system until I gravity bled it and it's been perfect since.

Good luck.
I wonder where you learned that from. ;) :lol:

Linebckr49
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
i recall you have an NA, perhaps? if so, i would eliminate the clutch damper (http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=357075&highlight=hydraulic). it will remove a potential air restriction from the system and make bleeding easier and faster.

sLADe781
07-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I wonder where you learned that from. ;) :lol:

From some guy who knows too much.... Haha Thanks bro!!! :biggrin:

aorozco2
07-25-2007, 04:38 PM
well i actually replaced the master and the slave at the same time because both gave out on me because they were contaminated.

so i can asure you there are no leaks (i think:grinno: ). and yes i do have an N/A.

Linebckr49
07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
its not that the clutch damper would leak, but air can get trapped in that chamber and make bleeding a PITA.

Add your comment to this topic!