Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Sunfire Just Won't Start. HELP!!!

vplay84
07-23-2007, 12:42 AM
:banghead:
I have thrown everything I know at the car but it just won't show me a sign. I started the car one night and forgot something in the house. When I came back out the car refused to start. It won't even power the accesories. It started quickly 10 minute sbefore. The battery is stong and the headlights and dome light work just fine, but the radio, wipers, etc. give me nothing. I replaced the ignition switch, the lock cylinder seems to be in good working order. Do I have to go wire by wire with a multimeter? Any sggestions? Please help.
:banghead:

jakegday
07-23-2007, 07:11 AM
ok, the car died once it warmed up, does it run fine when its completely cooled down?

vplay84
07-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Starter solenoid? Yeah, I thought about that. I had a Sunbird with that problem. The car had been cool and only ran for about 15 seconds. It was night so it was cool anyways and it has failed to do anything but prove that that the headlights and interior lights work since then.

Mangoamerican
07-27-2007, 02:24 PM
i would at least go through your ignition wires with a multimeter, it could be your second ignition (white) or your accessory (orange)

Add your comment to this topic!