Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Moldeling question

thizishkenny
11-07-2002, 08:59 PM
When I primered my car I saw all these deep scratches on it, What am I supposed to do to get rid of the deep scrathces because there really deep?

kicker1_solo
11-07-2002, 09:02 PM
you could fill them with putty if they're really deep, or if they're not too bad, then just sand them with semi-fine sand paper, and then really fine sand paper.

thizishkenny
11-07-2002, 09:31 PM
wHAT kind of putty should I use because it is deep? Could I use tamiya putty or tamiya epoxy putty?Or should I use a different brand?

Jay!
11-07-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by thizishkenny
wHAT kind of putty should I use because it is deep? Could I use tamiya putty or tamiya epoxy putty?Or should I use a different brand? The non-epoxy "toothpaste" type of putty should be fine...

thizishkenny
11-07-2002, 10:31 PM
Could I use tamiya? What would you use to shave door handles?

Jonno
11-08-2002, 01:52 AM
Tamiya Putty, It is in a tube, use that for the deep scratches and depending on the door handle, you might get away for just filling them with putty, unless they stick out further than the body, if they stick out further than the body, sand them off then clean it up with putty.

magicmanjk808
11-08-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by thizishkenny
Could I use tamiya? What would you use to shave door handles?

if you were filling in the door handles, i would suggest using epoxy putty because the handles are normally kind of deep and if you put too much of the toothpaste type putty, it eats at your plastic. also, the epoxy putty sands down better. if you want to see some pics of my primered altezza with shaven handles click the link in my sig.

Add your comment to this topic!