Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Factory Alarm Killing Engine/bypass options?

nsindel
07-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Greetings -

Just inherited 1997 Jetta 2.0 manual that up and died on the road. 2 mechanics (including the VW dealer) had NO idea what caused it - I changed the fuse block as the fuel pump and starter were not getting power (worked when 'jumped to constant power). For some strange reason, it now works, but it died on me once again when i tried to start it.

open trunk, close trunk
open door, no start

close, lock, unlock
open door, car starts...

now i am beginning to think its the factory alarm that is causing the problem
- makes sense? fuel pump and starter disable when alarm is active, right? -

does anyone know/has anyone had similar issues? is there a way to 'bypass' the factory alarm to keep this thing running/resolve the issue?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING ME OUT WITH THIS - ITS A GREAT CAR, IN GREAT SHAPE, EXCEPTING THIS ONE ISSUE (yeah, its a big one i agree) - IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO JUNK IT IF I DON'T HAVE TO!

Nathan

2001jettavr6
08-12-2007, 02:26 AM
just try finding the fuse that makes it works if there is one, not sure but if you take it out and the alarm doesnt work then try to start it

kriptiniteboi28
10-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Dude your alarm is right behind your headlight switch on the drivers side, its a pain to get to. there are 2 boxes you will see, the one on the left is the alram with 2 harnesses coming out of it, the bottom harness is the power supply to the alarm, if you "jump" pin #'s 5 and 6 together, you starter will get fire, you door locks and everything will work fine, so dont worry about totally disenggaging the alarm. everything will still work :-) hope this helpS!@

Add your comment to this topic!