2006 Malibu do not need to replace fuel filter?

leshan
07-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I checked my manual. It doesn't say anything about fuel filter. 2006 Malibu 3.5L LT doesn't have fuel filter? If it does have fuel filter. Where is the filter? Is that easy to reach and be changed by ourselves?
Thanks.

rodeo02
07-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Most of the newer pulse width modulated, return-less fuel pumps have an in-tank filter. Basically it's supposed to last the life of the FSU. I've never seen one removed to verify if it's an inlet sock, or a cannister type filter.

Joel

slls
07-21-2007, 11:27 AM
I checked my manual. It doesn't say anything about fuel filter. 2006 Malibu 3.5L LT doesn't have fuel filter? If it does have fuel filter. Where is the filter? Is that easy to reach and be changed by ourselves?
Thanks.

In the tank and is suppose to be self cleaning.

leshan
07-21-2007, 12:09 PM
In the tank and is suppose to be self cleaning.

Cool, But how? Is that safe to use fuel system cleaner in those kind of system?

slls
07-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Cool, But how? Is that safe to use fuel system cleaner in those kind of system?

GM states the sloshing of the fuel cleans it.

I have used Chevron Techron with no problem. I never seen it posted anywhere that fuel cleaner has been a problem with the self cleaning fuel filters.

GM has stated if the the fuel tank gets excessively dirty, you may have to drop the tank and clean it. It would be unusual for contaminated fuel to get in the tank though.

leshan
07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
GM states the sloshing of the fuel cleans it.

I have used Chevron Techron with no problem. I never seen it posted anywhere that fuel cleaner has been a problem with the self cleaning fuel filters.

GM has stated if the the fuel tank gets excessively dirty, you may have to drop the tank and clean it. It would be unusual for contaminated fuel to get in the tank though.

Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!