Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air intake

DB1973
07-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I have a 93 BPA. I found a couple cracks in the plastic air box that the air filter is within. I would rather replace the whole air intake versus repairing the stock intake (just for something to do), and I have no problem with fabricating short ram or cold air intake, but here are my concerns....

I have 2.5 inch tubing and a 2.5 inch cone air filter left over from another project. If I use tubing that is 2.5 inches in diameter, will that be just as or more efficient as the stock intake system? I am used to building 3 and 3.5 inch set-ups....and I just want to be sure that I will not be reducing the air needs of the motor.

Thanks for any advice!! :thumbsup:

scoopy03
07-20-2007, 02:12 PM
I have a 93 BPA. I found a couple cracks in the plastic air box that the air filter is within. I would rather replace the whole air intake versus repairing the stock intake (just for something to do), and I have no problem with fabricating short ram or cold air intake, but here are my concerns....

I have 2.5 inch tubing and a 2.5 inch cone air filter left over from another project. If I use tubing that is 2.5 inches in diameter, will that be just as or more efficient as the stock intake system? I am used to building 3 and 3.5 inch set-ups....and I just want to be sure that I will not be reducing the air needs of the motor.

Thanks for any advice!! :thumbsup:

anything that allows more air in is better for it.

DB1973
07-24-2007, 08:56 AM
anything that allows more air in is better for it.

Thanks for that tidbit Scoopy03....but that answer is obvious. I just want to know if 2.5 inch tubing is going to increase the airflow compared to the 3 inch diameter stock intake? My main concern is to increase....not decrease. I can assume the answer would be "yes it will be the same if not better....because the stock intake has more turbulance and bends"....but you know what "assume" means.

Add your comment to this topic!