Canadians? part 2

student_anonymous
11-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Hows it goin?

I'm 110% Canadian. I don't live in a igloo, i can't afford it. My car was built in Canada, because i was here while they built it. I don't eat beaver or blubber...blubber's too hard to cook and beaver is too cute.

I pronounce it ZED not ZEE, and i don't care if the animal is called a ZEEBRA or not, the letter is still pronounced ZED. If you don't like the cold, don't visit in winter! Me, i don't mind it; when it's minus 3000 degrees CELCIUS here, atomic movement will stop and Calgarians will say 'cold enough for ya eh?'.

'Eh' is just as nice a word as ya'll! And my passport is worth thousands of dollars on the black market. Hockey is a Canadian sport! And don't even start about Curling, CANADA RULES that sport too! The best musicians and comedians come out of Canada (Mike Myers is Canadian! Yeah Baby Yeah!).

My name is 'J' and i am Albertan!

Now that my pride-filled rant is over and finished, i'd just like to say that i have nothing against Americans...my Pastor is Texan, and my fiance is 1/2 American. So let's dance the dance of brotherly love (MAMUSHKA!) and celebrate the fact that Canada and the united States are the two greatest nations alive.

Thank you for reading. :ylsuper

Shawna03
11-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Yeah and stuff........:silly2:

DMC12
11-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Hey, I like Canadians except for the one we got here at work that takes EVERY opportunity to say "Canadians are better!" What a bitch:rolleyes:

Anyway, happen to know anything about Canadian / American law? I need to do business with someone in Canada.

Cbass
11-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Sure, I know a bit...

Sorry about the guy at work, most of the time, we can control our outbursts of superiority... If you ever see a Canadian just smiling and it seems like he/she is humouring you, they're not... they're just reflecting on how much better Canada is... j/k, this country is just about as fucked up as America :p

Indecisive
11-08-2002, 02:25 AM
yea..either that or we're thinking about how some americans are stupid enough to actually believe us when we say we do live in igloos.

fortunately I live in Vancouver and we don't get snow..we get shit loads of rain...oh so perfect for street racing....oh..did I say street racing? I meant driving really fast and losing control on the wet pavement and crashing our brand new riced up cars.

Neutrino
11-08-2002, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by student_anonymous

And don't even start about Curling, CANADA RULES that sport too!

Sweden 0wnz Canada in Curling.

Wooohoooo flame war------>:flamer:

Cbass
11-08-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Indecisive

fortunately I live in Vancouver and we don't get snow..we get shit loads of rain...oh so perfect for street racing....oh..did I say street racing? I meant driving really fast and losing control on the wet pavement and crashing our brand new riced up cars.

Into police officers, killing them? May Jimmy Ng rest in peace.

For those of you who don't follow the news, Jimmy was hit in his cruiser by a couple of idiot kids who ran a red light travelling over 160km/h(100mph) in a Civic siR...

student_anonymous
11-08-2002, 12:46 PM
Sorry Neutrino, Canada's won the gold medal for curling too often to be cut down by Sweden, but i do believe that they're about our best competitors in that sport! I'll give them top credit for bobsled though!

Sorry to hear about the Canadian who's a dick..as much as i love my country, some people here are real a$$hole$.

Americans that really think we live in igloos...check this!

I was watching 'this hour has 22 minutes' one night, and thee was fireld correspondent at Mount Rushmore talking to American tourists about what they think of Canada creating the same monument in the Rocky Mountains, with the faces of Prime Ministers..you kjnow like Mulroney, Chretien, etc.

At one point the field correspondent asked if the tourists would like to give their congratualtions to Canada for the new monument. So this group of 30 Florida tourists lined up and yelled to the camera:

"CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MONUMENT CANADA, OUR NEIGHBORS TO THE SOUTH!"

Need i say more? :hehehe:

Polygon
11-08-2002, 01:07 PM
Sorry Neutrino, Canada's won the gold medal for curling too often to be cut down by Sweden, but i do believe that they're about our best competitors in that sport! I'll give them top credit for bobsled though!

Well that shutdown that flame war fast, hehe.

Indecisive
11-08-2002, 05:20 PM
Americans that really think we live in igloos...check this!

I was watching 'this hour has 22 minutes' one night, and thee was fireld correspondent at Mount Rushmore talking to American tourists about what they think of Canada creating the same monument in the Rocky Mountains, with the faces of Prime Ministers..you kjnow like Mulroney, Chretien, etc.

At one point the field correspondent asked if the tourists would like to give their congratualtions to Canada for the new monument. So this group of 30 Florida tourists lined up and yelled to the camera:

"CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MONUMENT CANADA, OUR NEIGHBORS TO THE SOUTH!"

Need i say more? :hehehe:

lols. one night on CBC they had this guy going around the US asking questions about canada and stuff. so funny..

oh and that cop that was killed...apparently he went to my church.

student_anonymous
11-12-2002, 03:41 PM
that flame war was easier then i thought!

:D

Cyprus106
11-12-2002, 05:47 PM
Canadians are just like Americans, but without a gun.

Canada's too clean for me. lmao, when I went there it was all squeaky clean and super organized and people were all happy and nice. I prefer New York City. Criminal, corrupt, uncaring, unwilling. My kind of place.

I dunno... I kinda like being Italian myself. And those stereotypes are true. Everybody in Italy is connected to the mafia. Everybody.

When I went there, I had to sign Antimafioso papers. I kid you not. The questions were all:
"Is your business here mafia related?"
"Are any of your family members in the mafia? if so, name them below"
"Are you in the mafia?"
"Do you know anybody in the mafia?"
"Do you want to know anybody in the mafia?"
"If you're not in the mafia, what the hell are you doing here?"

Everybody drinks wine. Everybodies fat. everybody says words like "gratzi" and "fahgetaboutit" and talks with that kickass gangster accent. I love Italy. :D

Neutrino
11-13-2002, 04:58 AM
While talking about Canada all I've got to say . ITALY RULES!!!:D

Cbass
11-13-2002, 08:23 AM
You are in Van, Indecisive?

Anyhow, I plan to move to Italy in a few years, after I get my degree... I'm talking about northern Italy mind you, you couldn't pay me to live in southern Italy, or even worse, Sicily... I'd awake every morning to cries of "Oh dat's ah good ah, oh I like ah dah dat!"

Sorry Cyprus, you said all the stereotypes are true :rolleyes:

student_anonymous
11-13-2002, 10:02 AM
Hmmm.

A little more then i wanted to know about Italians!!

Canadians are NOT just like Americans without a gun! Life is very different being in Canada. Free healthcare is one. We don't pay 20 grand a year for tuition either, 20 grand would get us through an entire 3 year program, which includes student residence, food, books, and public transportation costs.

Even our telephone calls are different. Salesmen in Canada don't ask for references over the phone before even having met with the client. I'm not saying all salesmen do, but that's unheard of in Canada.

Sure, we may have the same quality of life and similar lifestyles, but that's truly where the similarity stops. We're two totally unique kinds of people, and that's a great thing to have when we're so close.

I believe it's important aswell. If us as neighbors were exactly alike, we'd be at each other's throats. Not to say we're not as it is, but you see the prinicple i'm getting at.

:bloated: This is a hell of a topic!

Cyprus106
11-13-2002, 05:33 PM
ok first off:

While talking about Canada all I've got to say . ITALY RULES!!!

YEA!!!!

second:

Anyhow, I plan to move to Italy in a few years, after I get my degree... I'm talking about northern Italy mind you, you couldn't pay me to live in southern Italy, or even worse, Sicily... I'd awake every morning to cries of "Oh dat's ah good ah, oh I like ah dah dat!"

oh shit. I forgot about that part. You're right. It's southern Italy that's like that. And that thing about Sicily, yea that's about an acurate description. except right after that little oh yea dialog it goes: "here's your money. where's the wine?".

Indecisive
11-13-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Cbass
You are in Van, Indecisive?

yes...well...Surrey...the car theft capital of the world...I'm not joking....and I don't have a car alarm...!!!

mitch9465
11-15-2002, 09:02 AM
All i know about canada is that if you drive thru canada with "F*ck Canada" writen on the side of it.... the police will pull you over and tell you that you have to write that in French..............

student_anonymous
11-15-2002, 10:42 AM
Mitch,

You can't do that in Canada, and i hope you wouldn't try. As soon as you stop somewhere and go inside to eat, you'll come out to find your car is burning to the ground.

The thing about english and french...yeah they'd make you do that...and they'd fine you for something or other aswell.

Indecisive, i didn't know Surrey was the car theft capital! i stayed there 4 years ago with a friend who had a brand new Silverado at the time. He didn't have an alarm, and we had no problems! Guess it's just where you stay and that kinda thing huh?

student_anonymous
11-15-2002, 10:43 AM
Mitch,

You can't do that in Canada, and i hope you wouldn't try. As soon as you stop somewhere and go inside to eat, you'll come out to find your car is burning to the ground.

The thing about english and french...yeah they'd make you do that...and they'd fine you for something or other aswell.

Indecisive, i didn't know Surrey was the car theft capital! i stayed there 4 years ago with a friend who had a brand new Silverado at the time. He didn't have an alarm, and we had no problems! Guess it's just where you stay and that kinda thing huh?

:eek:

Cbass
11-15-2002, 05:32 PM
If you're lucky enough to make it to a diner... I think you'd probably have a run in with a big truck somewhere out in the praries... You know the kind Student, you live in Alberta :D

student_anonymous
11-19-2002, 05:33 PM
Hehe!

you bet i know CBASS, the truckers will drive you into a dtich so fast you won't know what happened!

:frog:

Cyprus106
11-20-2002, 02:08 PM
uum, student, I think he was talking about the movie about canada. With John Candy, way back in the day? I think it was just called Canada or something like that.

spotovi
11-20-2002, 02:33 PM
That movie with John Candy was called Canadian Bacon.

student_anonymous
11-21-2002, 01:16 PM
Sorry haven't seen it. When that was on TV, i was too busy with my rented copy of Trains Planes and Automobiles.

Now THAT was a movie!!! :smoker2:

mitch9465
11-21-2002, 03:58 PM
That whole thing i said about driving thru canada with that written, i wouldn't do, cuz i like canada.. but the only complaint i have is dubbing....alot of japanees - english dubbing for anime occurs in canada...and it usually isn't that great. Other than that, i want to come live up in Toronto, my gf has family there.

mitch9465
11-21-2002, 04:00 PM
*********************post whore************************

BTW anyone heard of the band Propogandi? That live in canada? They are one of my fav bands. Just wanting to know if anyone knows them.

Cbass
11-21-2002, 08:54 PM
Nope, what sort of music do they play?

Has anyone heard of a nu-metal/grungy band out of Chicago called Soil? Download some of their songs, their newest album is called Scars, and it has maybe 4 tracks on it that aren't awesome, and maybe 2 that aren't that good...

student_anonymous
11-22-2002, 12:40 PM
Hmmm

Haven't heard of either those bands, but i'm also still deep into my jazz phase right now. Other then jazz, the only stuff i like to hear right now is Lifehouse and Nickelback, that kind of tunes.

Mitch, Toronto is a great city, but keep in mind that Toronto is the smog captial of Canada (among other things). If you don't mind some crappy air, it's great. Fun to drive around too, people drive very aggressively in Toronto!

:D

Add your comment to this topic!