Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

intermittent electrical issue

Tdanger
07-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Ok, Here goes, maybe someone can help, So I got this 92 Bonneville, Will stall and leave stranded at times. Most times will start back up. I had replaced the ignition module and crank sensor about 2 years ago and has been fine since. Acting up again now, I got to stall 1 time with scan tool on it, found active code for TPS volts low (22),Faulty cruise control switch (67), and ESC module or sensor circuit problem (43). Inspected all wiring-buss bars, splices,... also realized that the inflatable restraint light flickers at times, not always. in spurts. Also noticed there is a slight misfire/hesitation when loaded up under heavy accell. All tests out ok at this time but always starts when I don't want it to. The funny thing is, when it was dead 1 time (wasn't home with scan tool) it had spark, fuel, and air. fuel pressure was up volume good spark may have looked a bit weak but i would imagine enough to at least sputter/pop. even tried ether in case delivery/injector problem and nothing. Anyone seen this b4? I cant seem to get this to happen enough to really diagnose properly. I was thinking ignition module again or coil but I hate throwin parts at stuff, and if so, why restraint light flicker...???

Thanks for your time.

bonesdude14623
07-31-2007, 08:36 PM
check alternator

Add your comment to this topic!