SRS & Engine Check Soon lights are on

rvrsd
07-19-2007, 09:33 PM
There was a thunderstorm in NY 2 days ago, and my car was filled with water up to the driver seat. I had taken the water out but now I have noticed that the the SRS (blinks) & Engine Check Soon (ON) are illuminated while driving. How can I fix this? Thanks for the help, Im new to this helpful community.

loosenut
07-19-2007, 09:57 PM
wow, up to the seat is alot of water. I hope it didn't do any real damage to any wiring. Have you tried unhooking the ground wire from the battery for a couple minutes, and then reconnecting it ? If not, then try that first and hopfully your check engine light will go off. That is unless there is a real problem of some kind, i hope not. good luck......P.S. I'm new also

rvrsd
07-20-2007, 02:48 PM
that solved the check engine soon, but the SRS light still blinking. Thanks for ur help

loosenut
07-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Glad i could help a little. I'm thinking that your srs light blinking is only the dummy light shorting out from water damage to a wire or something. probably nothing wrong with the srs. I hope you get it straightened out. Good luck........

rvrsd
07-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Glad i could help a little. I'm thinking that your srs light blinking is only the dummy light shorting out from water damage to a wire or something. probably nothing wrong with the srs. I hope you get it straightened out. Good luck........

Yup, water damage. SRS light is off now. Thanks for your attention.

Add your comment to this topic!