Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 isuzu rodeo wont start

katkins32
07-19-2007, 07:37 PM
my 1995 isuzu rodeo wont start when you turn the ignition on everything works but the starter . starter is good . the keyless entry is also not working

surferfletch
07-19-2007, 08:16 PM
How do you know the starter is good? Any more history that you can share?

Exactly what happens when you turn the key to start the truck?

Cat Fuzz
07-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Just because a starter is new doesn't mean it's good. This is where a nice remote starter switch comes in handy. One wire to the big terminal on the starter and one wire to the little one. Hit the button and if nothing happens and the battery is charged, you know it's the starter.

trooperbc
07-21-2007, 01:29 PM
my 1995 isuzu rodeo wont start when you turn the ignition on everything works but the starter . starter is good . the keyless entry is also not workingthe keyless entry not working is probably the biggest clue (but i haven't a clue with that system). assuming AT, you might want to check the AT mode switch, which tells the electronics parts of the trans what gear you have selected, and which also triples as a neutral start switch (so it only starts in N neutral or P park) and as a backup light switch.

any mode switch problem symptoms like dash gear indicator lights not in synch, or backup lights not working?

//bc

Add your comment to this topic!