Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HB removal tool for 94 Lesabre 3.8

rtbuick
07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Can anyone reccomend a removal tool for the harmonic balancer on a 94 3.8 LeSabre? There are not threaded holes on the hub where I can bolt the puller on. I've been to three different auto parts stores and they all give me a dumb look and a tool that won't work. I don't want to try to use a puller that will grab it from the outside for fear of damaging the damper. My assumption is that there is either a special tool, or there was too much rubber put on the front of the hub where the hole are. One note, there are three slots that go through the hub. All this trouble in an effort to replace the crank position sensor.
Thanks,
Roger

maxwedge
07-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Welcome to AF./ Napa has a tool designed for just that purpose in there tool/accessory catalogue.

BNaylor
07-18-2007, 06:14 AM
This thread has been moved to the regular Buick LeSabre forum. The Tips & Maintenance forum s intended for exactly as stated and not this type of issue.

rtbuick
07-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Napa did not know what I needed. Maybe it was just the guy at the counter. I've sent a message to the NAPA tech help. If I could figure out how to insert a photo, I could post it, otherwise, if anyone would like to see this photo of the balancer. Send me a PM to rtoler@sbcglobal.net. Thanks again.

HotZ28
07-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Click Here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=505203)for the info you need

Add your comment to this topic!