Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

06 sedona keyless entry program

chadio3
07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I just bought a used 06 sedona. Love the van but the keyless entry does not work, service dept. told me that it was not a warranty issue that it was the key fob itself. I bought 2 new ones on ebay, Didn't feel like getting ripped by the dealer again!!! Can anyone explain to me how to program my remotes!! THANKS!!!!!!:banghead:

02Olds
07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
I hope this might help.
http://msw.kiausa.com/viewer/default.asp?group=shop

Eland
09-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Did you ever get the answer to your question? If you did I could use the information. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you,

Ed

jamestbender
12-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Did you ever get the answer to your question? If you did I could use the information. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you,

Ed

Taken from Sedona '05 shop procedure manual. May work for other cars and years....

From 1/16/02 production, a new RKE receiver has been implemented that will accept two remotes. The new receiver is interchangeable with the old unit. Customers wishing to upgrade may purchase the new receiver and a new remote transmitter. Their old transmitter is compatible with the new receiver. The RKE receiver is mounted behind the upper glove box on the passenger side. Programming is similar to previous system.

Open hood and locate diagnostic connector near battery.
Jump pin 5 to pin 17.
Turn ignition switch to the on position.
Press lock button of first transmitter two times.
Press lock button of second transmitter two times.
Turn ignition key to the off position and remove the key.
Disconnect jumper from the diagnostic connector.
Check for lock and unlock operation of both transmitters.

P.S. the connector is shown with pins 1-2 side by side at the top left, then a big gap, then 3-4 on the far right. The second row picks up pins 5-12 from left to right. 3rd row is 13-20 from left to right.

Hope this helps.:runaround:

Add your comment to this topic!