2003 Jaguar S-Type Electronic Park Brake

JohnBurns
07-16-2007, 07:07 PM
I have a 2003 S-Type 3.0 with 55,000 miles that has an electronic parking brake. Yesterday, when I started the engine, there was a yellow warning light which stayed lit, along with a message "Park Brake Fault", and the ABS icon stayed lit. Once put in gear and movement was made, all of the above remained, but the park brake icon came on also, along with a constant beep. When I turned the engine off, there was nothing unless I pulled the park brake lever. Then the the park brake icon lit and there was a different beeping sound. When I pushed the park brake lever to turn it off, these quit. I took it to the Jaguar Dealer this morning when they opened. Late this afternoon when I checked, the (female) service manager told me that it required a "parking brake assembly", which they did not have in stock. They had ordered it overnight - hopefully to install tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced this - or have any information which might help me when I deal with them? I wonder is it is in fact a parking brake module which is being replaced rather than "assembly"? Appreciate any info anyone can provide. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add your comment to this topic!