Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

vent / bypass cooling hose

kenc195
07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
I have been slowly leaking coolant and today I overheated. When I opened the hood I was blowing steam at the small hose at the left center of the V6. It has a matching hose on the right side (not leaking yet) and leads to a hose that connects to the upper radiator hose outlet on the engine.

Overall it forms a "T" or a "Y"... I don't see a clamp on the engine side of the hose. How hard it this item to change and is it just a hose piece avaiable at a parts store?

surferfletch
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
There are clamps on each hose very close to where they end at the engine (head). They are underneath that metal external piping which will make it a challenge. I changed mine when I had all of the intake and coolant piping apart a couple of years ago and it was more accessible. Good luck!

surferfletch
07-16-2007, 06:02 PM
At the very bottom of the picture?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/surferfletch/Rickspictures166.jpg

kenc195
07-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks, those are the hoses in the bottom center of the picture. I don't see any clamps on yours there either. Do these just push on???

surferfletch
07-16-2007, 06:42 PM
There are clamps there identical to the ones on the other end of each hose. They are behind the timing belt covers in the pictures. It looks like a pain to do without removing some of the stuff above it.

Add your comment to this topic!