Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Geo T -Cant get out of park-

Marlette
07-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey people =)

I have a 95 Geo Tracker manual 4wd that starts fine but wont leave park. :banghead: The screw that went through the handle case that attaches to the shifter fell out about two years ago ( so the handle with the button spins around)and Ive just been pressing it down by hand and everythings been fine until now. Ive read some other vehicles have a brake switch and I was wonder if that could be the case with my Geo as I was told I have to press the brakes in order to shift when I first got it.

Any advice or help would be appreciated, or how to test one thing over another- brake switch vs a broken spring as I read in a different post.

Thank you!

dachad
07-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey people =)

I have a 95 Geo Tracker manual 4wd that starts fine but wont leave park. :banghead: The screw that went through the handle case that attaches to the shifter fell out about two years ago ( so the handle with the button spins around)and Ive just been pressing it down by hand and everythings been fine until now. Ive read some other vehicles have a brake switch and I was wonder if that could be the case with my Geo as I was told I have to press the brakes in order to shift when I first got it.

Any advice or help would be appreciated, or how to test one thing over another- brake switch vs a broken spring as I read in a different post.

Thank you!my mom has the sidekick version and on the driver side right below shifter ther is a small cover take it off and you can release lock manually on shifter

Add your comment to this topic!