Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

changed plugs, wires, and coils, now runs like crap

raziel200
07-15-2007, 10:38 PM
hello i recently had to replace my ignition coils on my 2003 buick rendezvous milage 54,230 auto transmission. while i was doing this i figured i might as well change the plugs and wires too. well i got everything put back together right and now the car run like crap it has a rough idle that gets even rougher when you put the car in gear and when i go to stop the car sounds like it wants to die but doesn't acceleration also seems to be affected it just doesn't have the get up and go that it used to. does anybody have any idea what might have gone wrong here. thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

jrozanc
07-17-2007, 06:22 AM
First thing I would check would be to make sure you got the plug wires on the right cylinders. Also check make sure you are getting spark on all wires and plugs and make sure all connections are secure. It might be as small as something just not having a tight fit.

peeryje
01-11-2009, 06:03 PM
You probably have solved problem by now, but I wondered if you were able to change rear plugs without rocking engine forward?

BNaylor
01-11-2009, 06:19 PM
You probably have solved problem by now, but I wondered if you were able to change rear plugs without rocking engine forward?

Sorry but please check the date and do not resurrect old threads. See guidelines below. Just start a new post addressing your issue or question. This thread has been closed.

Old Thread Guidelines (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=889651)

Add your comment to this topic!