Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GSX Turbo SPOILER FITMENT QUESTION

Trueeclipse
07-15-2007, 08:33 PM
I am curious will a gtx turbo stock spoiler style fit a 1996 spyder gs eclipse!?!?!

please someone let me know!!

david-b
07-15-2007, 09:04 PM
gtx? That's like a mixture of a GST and a GSX. lol. Yes though, yes it will.

Trueeclipse
07-16-2007, 06:38 PM
ahah I meant the GSX turbo wing style... HMMM it will fit how do you know!? Have u seen it done? That meants that the hatch back trunk size of the eclipse is the same as the spyder i mean i dont want it to fit so my trunk wwont open and i dont want a bad fit either heh...

l_eclipse_l
07-16-2007, 07:53 PM
ahah I meant the GSX turbo wing style... HMMM it will fit how do you know!? Have u seen it done? That meants that the hatch back trunk size of the eclipse is the same as the spyder i mean i dont want it to fit so my trunk wwont open and i dont want a bad fit either heh...

I've seen a few Spyders with the turbo wing. You pretty much need to eye it up yourself though and mount it, as the trunk does not have the same dimensions as the hatch. You might want to shoot a PM towards Shypder as I'm pretty sure he did this and might be able to give you a few pointers.

nova1313
07-16-2007, 11:19 PM
http://www.novaslp.net/pics/painting/img_0910.jpg

It will fit. You will have a crapload of holes to fill from the old spoiler. Have fun!

It sits in about an inch from the end of the trunk and the front tips of the spoiler will just be on the trunk still. It's a bit heavy with the trunk up but it still works. Any questions feel free to ask. I drilled 4 holes to hold mine. I had to take a hole saw to the support on the trunk lid to put 2 of the bolts in though... If you want pics let me know.

nova1313
07-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Oh I forgot! best way to do it is to put some puddy in the bolt holes on the spoiler like over them not really in them. Place the spoiler how you want it and press down then. Hopefully the putty sticks to the trunk. Drill the center of each piece of putty down and through into the trunk. You should then have 4 holes that are hopefully dead on. The first time I did it I used the padding from the original spoiler. The second time I've just taken outdoor weatherstripping and went around the underside of it.

Add your comment to this topic!