Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Interior light problems still

dj1111
07-14-2007, 10:01 PM
I've proven tonight that the dark blue wire going from the BCM to the interior lights override switch has a short somewhere. Does anyone know where that wire is routed. A quick look at it earlier tonight looks like it's routed under the passenger side door and up the post between the passenger door and the sliding side door. Is that correct? Any other info would be appreciated. Are there any connectors along the path of this wire I should be looking at. By the way tonight I jumpered a wire between the output of the BCM and the override switch and all the lights work like they should. Thanks for any help.

dj1111
07-28-2007, 09:18 PM
All fixed. It was the blue wire going from the overide switch to the BCM. There was a break in the wire under carpeting in the passenger feet floor area. Interesting note, I found evidence of other wire repair in that cluster of wires. Does anyone know if Ventures have a reputation for wiring problems?

rockwood84
08-06-2007, 01:20 AM
i just put a pass thru connector in my '99 silo it was all green inside and the fuel and abs wires come thru it to go to the dash and engine compartment. all i could find was the female plug and it was $55.00 i had to clean the box.it is under the carpet on driver's side sliding door. gm's moisture seal that they use in their electrical plugs apparently is living up to gm's reputation of producing and selling ****. but they do have wiring problems....we've only just begun

Domestics_Only
08-25-2007, 09:09 PM
i'm having this same issue with my 99, is there a way to by-pass the switch? and where can i locatethe BCM?

Domestics_Only
08-26-2007, 12:00 PM
I found the huge plug, that connects the wires to be BCM however HOLY SH!T is there ever a *BEEP* load of water under the carpet, i pulled back the carpet to the passenger seat, and its bout 1/2 inch deep!! runaround the wires were just swimming, i'm going to 'jump' all the wires from the switch, to the BCM directly and see which one is fouled however where would the best place to look for bad connections i've already seen shitty connections under the carpet and repaired them then used heat srink tubing any tips on what to look for next would be helpful

dj1111
08-26-2007, 02:45 PM
My problem was the dark blue wire going from the BCM to the override switch in the overhead council. First test this dark blue wire at the source, the BCM. Do not unplug it, rather use the backprobe method on the plug for that wire. Open a door and you should get 12 volts. If you do it means your BCM is working. Now go to the same wire at the override switch and test for voltage. Open a door and the meter should read 12 volts. If not then the wire is bad. As an added test do a continuity check of this wire. Connect the tester leads, one at the BCM and the other at the override switch. You probably will not get continuity. If you do get negative results then look for the same dark blue wire in the mass of wires under the passenger side carpeting. I peeled off all the electrical tape so I could spread them apart a bit and there is was the wire was completely separated.

Domestics_Only
08-26-2007, 03:00 PM
it was the blue wire it was broke right in half, so i repaired the break, and all is good i have interior lights i was using a flashlight stored in the overhead console for about a year, now to fix all the other problems:rolleyes: 1 problem down 2 to go:banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!