Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4l60E Solenoid problems

berniesandtuner
07-14-2007, 03:03 PM
I am having a problem with my 4L60E transmission. My friend and I just rebuilt and after putting it back in we got an error P0758 shift solenoid B cercuit electrical. So we replaced the solenoid. with the new solenoid we get no errors but also no tire rotation except in reverse. we put old solenoid in and will shift and rotate tires in all gears. shifts are hard and we get the error code. so we thought maybe we got a bad solenoid. replaced solenoid again same problem. Hope someone can help thanks.

MT-2500
07-14-2007, 04:03 PM
What year? 2 or 4W
Did you have valve body apart?

Solenoid B is off in all gears but 4 th gear.

How many gears do you have with the old solenoid in it?

Do you have a way to check solenoid switching on and off?

RexNfx400
07-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Solenoid B is off in all gears but 4 th gear.

Hi there. I'm not the transmission police but. Here is some handy info :)

4L60E
Computer sends a Ground signal to energize solenoids.

1st Gear = Sol. A & Sol. B
2nd Gear = Sol. B
3rd Gear = All Sol. are OFF
4th Gear = Sol. A
Shift Sol. A & B - 20 to 40 Ohms/Normally Open
LU ON/OFF Style - 20 to 40 Ohms/Normally Open
LU Modulated Style - 10.9 Ohms/Normally Closed
3-2 ON/OFF Style - 23.3 Ohms/Normally Open
3-2 Modulated Style - 10.9 Ohms/Normally Closed
Force Motor - 9 to 13 Ohms/Normally Applied

MT-2500
07-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi there. I'm not the transmission police but. Here is some handy info :)

4L60E
Computer sends a Ground signal to energize solenoids.

1st Gear = Sol. A & Sol. B
2nd Gear = Sol. B
3rd Gear = All Sol. are OFF
4th Gear = Sol. A
Shift Sol. A & B - 20 to 40 Ohms/Normally Open
LU ON/OFF Style - 20 to 40 Ohms/Normally Open
LU Modulated Style - 10.9 Ohms/Normally Closed
3-2 ON/OFF Style - 23.3 Ohms/Normally Open
3-2 Modulated Style - 10.9 Ohms/Normally Closed
Force Motor - 9 to 13 Ohms/Normally Applied

Thanks for the info.
You are right on solenoids on and off.
I got it crossed up somehow.
MT

berniesandtuner
07-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the info in reply to the first post it is a 1999 and has 4wheel drive. We did have the valve body apart. with the old solenoid it seems as though we get all gears, it shifts hard and was slipping between 2-3. We will most likely pull it out and take it apart again but was hoping there was something easy we missed.

RexNfx400
07-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the info in reply to the first post it is a 1999 and has 4wheel drive. We did have the valve body apart. with the old solenoid it seems as though we get all gears, it shifts hard and was slipping between 2-3. We will most likely pull it out and take it apart again but was hoping there was something easy we missed.

What was originally wrong as to why you rebuilt it? What parts where defective inside the transmission?

berniesandtuner
07-17-2007, 05:16 PM
The original problem was transmission fluid leaking and hard shift. I took it to a mechanic and they said it was because of a transmission over heating problem. We took the transmission out to make sure everything was ok also replacing the radiotor and adding a tranny cooler. Nothing looked bad in the tranny so we just replaced gaskets and such. Im not the mechanic my friend is so I am trying to answer the questions the best I can until he can get back and read this. :/

RexNfx400
07-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, I guess all one could say is, without getting into rocket science. Are the check balls in the correct spots? Valvebody gaskets swapped? Input sprag backwards? The hardest problems to figure out on transmissions are "built-in" problems. We have the saying: Rebuilding a transmission is easy, but figuring out why it don't work after rebuild, thats the hard part" Sorry couldn't supply more info. I do think it should have been diagnosed better before taking apart the transmisson though:)

I don't think there will be a one shot easy answer here on the net.

You could do fluid pressure checks on the transmission and post. And try to describe the way its working with more discription. Like "sluggish, flair, chatter, slips, binds up, harsh", to name a few. These help describe shift events. Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!