Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

86' 3.8L V6 temp sending unit location

MRDANGERUS
07-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Could anyone tell me where is it located? My gage shows 0 all time. Have to replace sending unit or wiring.
Thanx

351wStang
07-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Oil sending unit? Just look around on the block for a sending unit. On 5.0/5.8's they are low down on the driver's side near the front of the block.

MRDANGERUS
07-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanx
I'm trying to locate a coolant temperature sending unit.

351wStang
07-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Look on the intake. Should screw into a water jacket.

MRDANGERUS
07-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi,
Thank you v much.
BTW: I 'm looking for a shop manual for the 86 Mustang or just the engine diagnostics manual. Do you know of any free download?
Engine sounds like a diesel when idling and cold, almost like broken valve spring. Listened with the stetoscope, engine sounds good. The only "crunch" comes from the air pump.
Only 58,000 mi on the bloody car. It run perfect. Gasket blew at 33k due to over- heat caused by rust blocked OEM cat. Got it rebuilt by some yahoo-s in town. It is sluggish, since. May be they did not install timing chain properly? I have played w/the strobe and vacuum gage trying to get optimal timing advance. Still sluggish.

Oh, last summer, my woman took it to the "garage" and they put a pink antifreeze in it. On the way back home she boiled the fluck out of it. I drained and flushed this crap. No more overheating.

I may have to run a compression test, but to check springs? May be I should try blow by test?

Add your comment to this topic!