Removing Alfa Romeo Stereo - HELP PLEASE!!

AlfaRomeo156
11-04-2002, 10:48 AM
Hi all, I've just bought a 1.8 TS 156 and I can say that I'm amazingly pleased! However, I need help replacing the stereo, I've gotten as far as mounting my 6*9's and new front speakers and wiring it with monster cable, I cannot unfortunately take out the old stereo as I'm not quite sure how and don't want to damage it in any way!

Any help would be gratefully accepted! Cheers!!!

Paul Stuhlfelder.

EDIT : Figured it out in the end... how simple was that?!? Stick a couple of nails down the two holes in the stereo and it pops right out!!! Wooo!:devil:

Jimster
11-19-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by AlfaRomeo156

EDIT : Figured it out in the end... how simple was that?!? Stick a couple of nails down the two holes in the stereo and it pops right out!!! Wooo!:devil:

I could have told you that :(

Ah well, what kind of head unit did you put in???? :)

AlfaRomeo156
11-19-2002, 03:48 AM
I replaced it with a Kenwood KDC-609MP3 or something along those lines, it's an MP3 playing head unit. Absolutely fantastic! I love it! I also replaced the speakers in the front doors with Kenwood speakers, and have disconnected the two back door speakers. Then in the back I've installed two Kenwood 6*9's using mini plasterboard steel raw plugs to adapt the weird holes in the Alfa plastic into something "Boltable!"
I also ran Monster Cable to the 6*9's instead of the normal standard cable and BOYYY what a difference!

Volken
04-06-2003, 01:11 AM
Easy with even minor (unsecure) installs on your on hands.
156 is very strange with electronics.

Add your comment to this topic!