Page updated on 07-21-2018

dust covers

07-08-2007, 10:04 AM
'89 gmc s-15 4wd jimmy 102,000 miles. does anyone know where I can buy just the dust covers for ball joints? I will be replacing my cv joints next weekend and I will need new dust covers. I called pep boys, oreilly's, advance, the dealership and autozone. autozone is where I bought my duralast ball joints less than 6 months ago and they had a listing for them in their computer, but they don't get them. I am not getting new ball joints just for the dust covers. somewhere out there has got to be a place to get them. I have seen dust covers for tie rod ends so it's got to be possible. please help me.

07-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I couldn't find new ones here either. The only other thing that you might try is buying the cheapest ball joints you can get and use the covers.

07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
that sucks! I have 4wd, do you think it will matter if I use 2wd joints since I'm just using the dust covers? they are about $5 cheaper. They sell tie rod end dust covers but not ball joint dust covers. I asked at a shop that does cv's and they said also to just buy cheap joints for the covers.

07-10-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm not too sure if you can use the 2wd ones or not. I know it sucks. I've got the tie rod ones from energy suspension. But I just ended up putting in moog ball joints. Don't know if I still have the old ones here or not. If I do would you want the covers? I would have to make sure that they aren't torn first.

Add your comment to this topic!