Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Debating a Deville

jase386
07-07-2007, 11:37 AM
i currently have a 2000 buick lesabre, i buy buicks because of their longevity and low maintenance.

i found a 2002 deville that i really like. but from browsing forums i see that caddys have alot of nitpicky little problems and one major head bolt problem. when i go look at this caddy is there a way i can see if its havig headbolt problems? it has 78000 miles on it, and iwll be my everyday car, and i always look to get at least 200k out of a car with little problem. should i stay with my buick, or check further into getting the caddy? any other widespread problems with them?

wide spread problems with the lesabre seem to be, window regulators, fuel gauge sending units, wheel bearing/ hub assemblies.

caddydaddy
07-07-2007, 12:26 PM
The Cadillac is going to have more little problems, since it has more stuff than a Buick. The head bolt problem was mostly the pre-2000 Northstars, but it can occur on the later ones. It really can happen to any aluminum engine. One thing to check for with any aluminum engine is cooling system maintenance. If the coolant isn't changed at least every 5 years, it can become acidic, and eat away at the head gaskets. This is the cause of most of the complaints with the Northstars, and most can be traced back to poor cooling system maintenance.

Add your comment to this topic!