Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

So many choices Choices

JonB91
07-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Honda Civic Si
Mazda6
Nissan Altima Coupe
Pontiac G6 Coupe
Honda Accord coupe
Honda Civic Si coupe

Pos? cons? suggestions? opinions?

BlackGT2000
07-06-2007, 11:40 AM
What do you want out of the car? They are not all cars in the same class.

JonB91
07-06-2007, 12:36 PM
i dont want anything specific out of the car

something that is sporty, but still relitivly safe becasue i am a newer driver, but i also want something that is going to keep us with friends cars.

can you tell me generally what people want out of the car when they buy one of the cars i listed ie. people who want ____ generally buy the ___ out of the list. that would be helpful.

im also willing to give up some HP if the car has supurb safty and looks really good becasue i can always put some aftermarket stuff on

sickcallawayc12
07-07-2007, 12:12 AM
With the exception of the G6, I think they are all good cars and you really can't go wrong with any of them. Personally, though, I'd probably pick up an Accord V6. One of the most popular cars in America for a reason. Its been one of the best vehicles for reliability for many years, excellent crash results, most likely good on insurance (sedan, anyway), smooth, just an excellent car. A V6 with vtech won't be a slouch even though it might not be the quickest of the bunch. But its a honda so there's gotta be some aftermarket. The civic will have more, of course. The only downside is not so sporty styling compared to your other options. You'll obviously want an Si or the Mazda6 if you really want some sporty looking style. But if its your first ride and you want safety, I wouldn't worry too much about style and with that said, I believe the Accord fits the bill nicely. Don't forget, you can always ask around here on the other forums and get input from current owners on how they like their rides/why they chose them.

Keep doing good research and good luck:wink: .

BurntGauge
07-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Either Altima Coupe V6 or Accord V6...leaning toward the Altima Coupe V6.

JonB91
07-07-2007, 01:36 AM
hey thanx for the help, yeah ive narrowed it down to the honda accord coupe and the nissan altima im looking at is the 08 coupe

the only thing that i dont like about the altima is that it burns premium, which gets expensive, or i might be totally wrong but im pretty sure thats what the sales rep said

BP2K2Max
07-09-2007, 01:58 PM
i'm with burntgauge, altima v6 with the accord a close second

98BlackTransAm
07-13-2007, 02:14 AM
something that is sporty, but still relitivly safe becasue i am a newer driver, but i also want something that is going to keep us with friends cars.

what do your friends drive?

im also willing to give up some HP if the car has supurb safty and looks really good becasue i can always put some aftermarket stuff on

i hate to say it, but given the list and your criteria i'ma have to say civic si ftw. it's not the fastest on the list, but it's probably the sportiest looking, it's safe, and gets good mileage. also i doubt there's a single other production car ever made that has as many after market parts as a civic. good all-around first car.

JonB91
07-13-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah they drive a 03 lexus es300 and a 04,05 nissan altima

im also looking at the mazda 3 highest trim, not the speed

JonB91
07-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Delete Please
want to do a new poll

Add your comment to this topic!