Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

electrical problem

johdans
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Hello Guys,

I have a 1995 Avalon which just wont start. There is no ignition at all. No lights on the dashboard when the key is turned to the run position and I only get a xrrriii or tatatatata sound from the starter when key is turned to the start position.
This wierd electrical problem has shut of totally my radio and clock, power windows don't work, sunroof doesn't work , no lights on the dash and radio when ignition is turned on,therefore no start at all.
I have changed all fuses and relays under hood and under dash on the driver side and still no luck.
What I just want to know is that is there one point on the car or a single relay or fuse which controls all the non functioning devices that I have mentioned above ? I have also tried a different ignition switch and still no luck. Headlights do come on though. I have also ckecked all wiring behind the headboard and that bunch of wires on the firewall behind the dash and everything looks fine. Where else do I look again to fix this ignition problem to get my Avalon back on the road ? Any help given will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Johdans.

csaxon
07-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Sounds like you need a new battery.
I just replaced a new 3 month old battery. It had a bad cell. They don't build them like they used to.

Add your comment to this topic!