Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Sonata - 2.4 L - O2 Sensor

plee3590
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Few months ago, "service engine" light came on and went to my mechanic. He performed a diagnostic test and indicated that the fuel was lean. He said that O2 Sensor was the probable cause so I replaced it. Just recently, the "service engine" light came on again and took it to my mechanic. He did another diagnostic test and he told me that it was the same problem.

Could there be another problem?

Thanks.

lowsonoma1999
07-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Few months ago, "service engine" light came on and went to my mechanic. He performed a diagnostic test and indicated that the fuel was lean. He said that O2 Sensor was the probable cause so I replaced it. Just recently, the "service engine" light came on again and took it to my mechanic. He did another diagnostic test and he told me that it was the same problem.

Could there be another problem?

Thanks.

There are 2 oxygen sensors. Could be that you replaced the wrong one, or now the other one is bad.

jsinton
07-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Usually if they do an OBD II test, it will tell them the O2 sensor is bad, not that the fuel is lean. Besides, an O2 sensor going bad makes the mixture too rich, not lean. Sounds like he sold you an O2 sensor because he could.

What was the read-out of the OBD II test? He should have told you. I think Autozone will do the test for free... Then you get the error number, then we can better analyze your problem.

Add your comment to this topic!