Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 talon tsi trouble

sabrewlv288
07-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Alright I'm new on here so forgive me. I just got a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD turbo with a 6 bolt engine swap. There is some minor problems with the car I would like answered if at all possible. First question is the lumpy idle. He said it has HKS 272 cams and i was wondering if this is why they are lumpy and occasionally feel like the car wants to stall. Other than that when I'm cruising sometimes the whole car will start to shake and my air fuel ratio guage will go wack and the problem will go away once I turn the car off then cut it back on. It happens randomly and he told me it's the wrong ecu for the car is it possible he used the 95 ecu? Which ecus work for the 6 bolt engine? The problem actually happens quite frequently and mostly in 5th gear. It's extremely annoying to turn my car on and off all the time. Another thing is when I get down on the car there is a loud sound that sounds like a loud humming I was wondering if all 6 bolt engines do that when in high rpms. Also the clutch engages almost at the floor. Do I just need to adjust it? Any help would be appreciated! And thank you for being patient I used to be a Honda guy!

eclipse98gst
07-08-2007, 10:25 PM
The reson the car shakes is because your getting a cylinder missfire. It commenly happens in cars with 6bolt swaps. The only way to eliminate this is to either do a resistor mod on the cam angle sensor or buy DSMLINK to solve the problem. Search for Cylider Missfire or 6bolt Swap in the forums and youll find a more detailed answer on this subject.

Blackcrow64
07-08-2007, 10:49 PM
The 272's are indeed why you have a lumpy idle. That is normal. The clutch pedal can be adjusted so that it engages higher if you wish for it to... The 95 ecu is fine. Actually, only 95 ecu's are socketed and can be used with DSMlink. So I would hold onto that ECU since they are hard to come by... As far as this cylinder misfire issue, I'm not sure how to deal with it if it is indeed from the swap. My swap is almost finished and I'm hoping to not have that problem...

Add your comment to this topic!