Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Junk!

S2000Gal
07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
I bought my GMC Envoy brand new in 2003. It has 53K on it now and I have had the following problems with it:

The turn signal mechanism was replaced three times – prior to the recall.
The gas tank has been replaced twice – prior to the recall.
The rear window was broken which was covered under my comprehensive insurance, however; after having it replaced SEVEN times it still continued to fall out due to the fact that they are glued rather than screwed in. It lasts for a short time and once the temperatures get hot, the glue loosens!
Back seat passenger side power window mechanism had to be replaced.
Driver’s side power window mechanism now running very slow - that's next!
4wd light would come on for no reason.
Fan switch for the blower – fifth position does not work.
CD player which had been used a handful of times had to be replaced.
Breaks constantly squeak and have been replaced NUMEROUS times.
Power steering pump has to be replaced.
Roof rack bar cross bar broken. Rack has been used three times.As you can see from my screen name I also have a Honda. I bought the Honda b/c it's a small commuter car good on gas and also b/c everytime I put the key in the Envoy, something else is wrong with it. Now it stays parked in the driveway and is driven once/week. My advice to all of you Envoy owners, sell before the wheels fall off! I would never buy another one of these vehicles. I've owned many cars in my lifetime (Ford, Chevrolet, Honda, BMW, even Jeep) and take exceptional care of all of them. This vehicle, however; has been junk since the day I drove it off the lot.

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues?

maxwedge
07-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Welcome to AF. Based on the non -technical focus of your post it was moved to this forum.

Add your comment to this topic!